A&H

8 year ban?

socal lurker

RefChat Addict
I don't know if this link will work, but its a story of a ref attack in Germany, resulting in an 8 year ban--described as the maximum possible ban. I was surprised that an attack on a ref would only be 8 years--does anyone know why Germany has only an 8 year max or what max possible bans are in other places? I would hope it would be a life ban for an event like this.

The Referee Store
England is 10 years maximum under the recommended guidelines.
It's not the maximum that can be given, it's just the high end of the recommended guidelines. The disciplinary commission can go outside of the guidelines if they feel it is appropriate.

It's not the maximum that can be given, it's just the high end of the recommended guidelines. The disciplinary commission can go outside of the guidelines if they feel it is appropriate.

Agree, that's why I said the recommended guidelines. Very rare they go outside that though, and the very high profile assault on the Middlesex referee last month shows that. You can't really get more obviously clear assault, caught on video, but the ban was 10 years.

Max life time ban in my state. That removes the possibility of getting a shorter football ban than a jail term :)

Back