5 games as AR
0 observation
2 match day coach reports
4 online development modules
face to face IST
1 laws of the game exam

all games must be 9v9 and or 11v11 with offside in operation

The Referee Store
0 observations? Are the match day coach reports supposed to replace the feedback you might have received in observations?

I've seen something about youth promotion as well from an email from my county fa RFO said he would send more info soon

I Have heard of a couple of people now that 7 -6 is being reclassified to 5c-5b And it’s 25 games any game counts aslong as the offside rule inforce

Then 6-5 reclassified as 5b-5a it’s a further 25 games at open age plus 5 lines

Copied from an email from our RDO

Level 1-4 will not change, so if you are currently a Level 4 (Step 5 & 6 Referee) you will still be a Level 4 (Step 5 & 6 Referee) next season. (Dependant on promotion or reclassification for season 22/23)

If you are currently a Level 5 (Senior County Referee) next season you will be a Level 5a (Senior County Referee)

If you are currently a Level 6 (County Referee) next season you will be a Level 5b (County Referee)

If you are currently a Level 7 (Junior Referee) next season you will be a Level 5c (Junior Referee)

If you are currently a Level Y (Youth Referee) next season you will be a Y1 and will have the opportunity to apply for progression to Y2, more details on this will be shared at our referee progression information evening on Monday 13th June.

If you are currently a Level T (Trainee Referee) you will still be a Level T until you have completed your 5 trainee games. Once you have completed your 5 games, if 14 or 15 you will qualify as a Y1/YW, if you are 16+ you will qualify as a 5c/4W

If you are currently a Level D (Referee Developer) next season you will still be a Level D (Referee Developer)

All of the above is still technically 'under consultation'. However, given the level of detail I'd be surprised if much materially changes.

For me, positives are that progression is not constrained to any one season ... giving an incentive for those eager to progress to do more games more quickly .. and the formalisation of the online devt modules leading to greater consistency in messaging across counties.

Big negative is that referees will be able to progress to 5a regardless of the content of the match day coaching reports .. this feels like 'dumbing down' to me and could lead to a significant increase in 5a to 4 candidates who are simply not ready to make that jump leading to a (relative) waste of senior observer time and disappointment for the officials.

Do the 25 games need to be done in one season?
If its not all in one season than next season all I have to do is 9 open age and apply for promotion. However goign in with 15 youth and 10 open age sounds bad as pervious citeria was 80% of 25 so 20 games had to be open age.

I prefer the concept of 7-to-5 being ongoing Development (Coaching) rather than Promotion (because that's what it kinda is already), but on the whole, this reform sounds pants to me. For one thing, what's the point of 5a,b,c instead of 5,6,7? Just makes the Levels sorta ambiguous and achieves nothing

Is this part of the big rejig that PGMOL were talking about mid season?
This is an FA rejig, not to do with PGMOL. The PGMOL stuff is all based around the ERDP (Elite Referee Development Plan), funded by the EPL and is solely focussed on improving performance (and perception of performance) at the highest levels

I prefer the concept of 7-to-5 being ongoing Development (Coaching) rather than Promotion (because that's what it kinda is already), but on the whole, this reform sounds pants to me. For one thing, what's the point of 5a,b,c instead of 5,6,7? Just makes the Levels sorta ambiguous and achieves nothing
In reality, observing at 7-6 and 6-5 is little more than glorified coaching. The 7-6 criteria was so basic that the ref has to be really awful to not even make standard expected.

I prefer coaching at that level as it’s all about development, not really assessing their capabilities.

From what our RDO said to observers
"We will require matchday coaches to support these new pathways. I will share with you the information in due course, on how this new pathway will impact the current observer list, and the need to undertake formal training on becoming a matchday coach."
Suggestion is the 'observer' list decreases as they'll only be needed for 5-4, and not all grassroots observers are going to want to or be able to do that, but that the current observers get a bit of training to ensure they know what the coaching role entails.

Does this mean that you can go to 5c and then 5b in a single season? 25 games min, but 10 OA to get 5c and 15 OA to 5b? Or do you need 10 and then a subsequent 15?

(I've not included 5ARs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back