A&H

4 games in. Reflections

I have no issues with giving cards at all. I just haven’t had the need yet. I’m sure soon enough I will need to lol.

Just has a message from the league appointment officer telling me that in the under 16 girls match I got a rating of 95.
Pretty chuffed with that!
Well done, mate.

Another newbie 3-match-in ref. Just wondering, are we supposed to get a rating feedback for every match? I’ve not heard any from my appointment officer so far.

The Referee Store
Well done, mate.

Another newbie 3-match-in ref. Just wondering, are we supposed to get a rating feedback for every match? I’ve not heard any from my appointment officer so far.
You'll get a rating, but typically, you won't be told unless there's something exceptional that the league wants to highlight (@Abeverley 's 95) or something bad they need to discuss, such as a sub-60 mark that comes with well written and reasonable feedback. In most cases, you'll get an average at the end of the season if you're lucky!

You'll get a rating, but typically, you won't be told unless there's something exceptional that the league wants to highlight (@Abeverley 's 95) or something bad they need to discuss, such as a sub-60 mark that comes with well written and reasonable feedback. In most cases, you'll get an average at the end of the season if you're lucky!
Well said. As not every league marks your performance or even clubs... or gives feedback or perhaps not even appoint you to matches and does not ever give reasons why!! Written communications, verbal or non verbal communications sometimes happen infrequently sadly...

Very good explanation. Thank you.

I should point out that I've done mostly open age football in Essex and Surrey in my career - things may differ when it comes to youth football or other areas of the country.

Club Marks tend to be very high in Youth Football (91% average over a whole season in the League I ref in)
Open Age marks are quite a bit lower and may deviate wildly if the clubs don't have to give a written explanation for a low mark
I think the marks are of interest on an annual basis, but they should be ignored game-by-game

Club Marks tend to be very high in Youth Football (91% average over a whole season in the League I ref in)
Open Age marks are quite a bit lower and may deviate wildly if the clubs don't have to give a written explanation for a low mark
I think the marks are of interest on an annual basis, but they should be ignored game-by-game
True comment.. however marks can be of utmost importance if your in the promotion scheme or perhaps being considered for county cups or other cups/vases or trophies finals..

Hmmm one agrees to disagrees.. marks are of the utmost importance in promotion schemes and county cups/ vases/trophies finals etc.
However one totally accepts that different leagues/county F.A's/other F.A's may do things differently based on their own jurisdictions, league rules, competition rules within relevant legislations/good practises, directives etc..

One thanks you for your comment.

I agree that they are important in one way, my problem is how they are generated. You do your job to the LOTG and they mark you down, you let everything go and they love you. Depending who wins affects your score too, it’s complete made up tripe on their part!

I agree that they are important in one way, my problem is how they are generated. You do your job to the LOTG and they mark you down, you let everything go and they love you. Depending who wins affects your score too, it’s complete made up tripe on their part!
Awwww lol lol lol lol lol

Sheffields Finest......
Your citation,,........."Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind" ! Rag 'n Bone Fan....:)

The qualties of a Superb Referee/ Referees is it not the following.....

Excellent visual abilities, possibly challenged audial uniqueness married to an indfinte sense of humour,,,,,

I get it’s a flawed system. But tbh I’m still pleased that I got a good mark like that early on.
This was the game with the jewellery and the pitch I couldn’t see the lines on.
Should add I also made them fix a droop in the net which left a hole under the cross bar.

It’s always nice to get good club marks but I never take any notice of them. Being marked out of 100 by people who barely know the LOTG is a poor system, just a tick box exercise. You give a penalty away and suddenly that team claim you’re the worst referee they’ve ever had

I never knew any of my club marks over 500+ games, i didn't care, I did my job, I made mistakes, honest mistakes, they all made more, Its easy to improve club marks, doesn't make you a better referee, it could mean you're a worse one!!!! Yeeeeh, go crap referees!!!!

QuaverRef...... always remember your delightful self belongs to..............

The superb 3rd Team in the beautiful game with no Fans..... with comrades everywhere within the physical or virtual worlds.... ;)

Does the marks you award your neutral colleagues not club officials when working within the 3rd team always correct on the lotg??:angel:

I never knew any of my club marks over 500+ games, i didn't care, I did my job, I made mistakes, honest mistakes, they all made more, Its easy to improve club marks, doesn't make you a better referee, it could mean you're a worse one!!!! Yeeeeh, go crap referees!!!!

Sheffields Finest.....

Agreed we are all human and being human we make errors... Its just a point of view thats all

Back