A&H

4 games in. Reflections

For some light relief and related to one of your points, so hopefully won't get in trouble from mods.

Injured players - two players down from same side last night after strong but fair challenges, so referee stops game.

Oppo manager shouts 'You can't stop play ref, they are not head injuries' :confused::eek::rolleyes: Open age as well!

The Referee Store
Hi pinner Paul...
It's the due dilgence and duty of care that applies...
I would have observed, assessed and probably stopped play..
Pinner/Paul would you want it on your conscious that many months/years later that there is now a possible personal injury law suit against you, or your county F.a. or the F.A themselves if you are resident in u.k?
Perhaps a book to read could be sports injuries litigation for legal professionals... I red that book in university ages ago. Light reading not such a heavy book however it does give some examples of law suits..
Do you really think the coaches are bothered??
Is it not down to you the person in charge to stop, suspend, defer, abandon or other in the role of the Referee...
Pinner/Paul if you were or were not the ref last night.. ... allowing players to continue playing...head injury or not.... it is the ref in charge of that matches jurisdiction.. they have to make that call....
Were you the ref in charge and if you were how did you restart play or how did the ref restart play?
Hope this helps....

Hi pinner Paul...
It's the due dilgence and duty of care that applies...
I would have observed, assessed and probably stopped play..
Pinner/Paul would you want it on your conscious that many months/years later that there is now a possible personal injury law suit against you, or your county F.a. or the F.A themselves if you are resident in u.k?
Perhaps a book to read could be sports injuries litigation for legal professionals... I red that book in university ages ago. Light reading not such a heavy book however it does give some examples of law suits..
Do you really think the coaches are bothered??
Is it not down to you the person in charge to stop, suspend, defer, abandon or other in the role of the Referee...
Pinner/Paul if you were or were not the ref last night.. ... allowing players to continue playing...head injury or not.... it is the ref in charge of that matches jurisdiction.. they have to make that call....
Were you the ref in charge and if you were how did you restart play or how did the ref restart play?
Hope this helps....

I think you missed/misread the point of my post.

Referee (Not me) correctly stopped play as a) two players from same side down injured b) They were both quite strong challenges, both near the benches so the stoppage calmed things down and c) The coach was saying game should ONLY be stopped for head injures (which these weren't btw) - hence my disapproving faces!

On head injuries - as we know, these are not mentioned in LOTG, but using the logic that these type of injuries are more likely to be 'serious', then I agree it is nearly always the correct thing to do, to stop the game for a head injury. I say 'nearly always' because I have seen 'fake head injury' used as a tactic to get the game stopped at the top levels - so don't think LOTG should be rewritten.

Restart was drop ball of course as no foul play involved.

PinnerPaul
Thank you for your reply.. my reply merely pointed out worst case scenarios which can and do happen..
Good to hear you agreed with the refs decision..
Clearly you work at the top level of the game.. well done you!!!

PinnerPaul
Thank you for your reply.. my reply merely pointed out worst case scenarios which can and do happen..
Good to hear you agreed with the refs decision..
Clearly you work at the top level of the game.. well done you!!!
Oh dear - misunderstanding number 2 - I don't work at top level - just my observation when watching games live re the 'fake head injuries'

PinnerPaul
One beleives possibly that you are misunderstanding my postings.. that is o.k.
Whether your good self or our delightful refereering colleagues work at the top level or not... we all belong to the same family in football..
"Refereeing family which are the heart of Football"
The most important team on the pitch... the 3rd Team....👍🚩⌚⚽🏆

Back