A&H

2 significant decisions in gsme.

@JamesL - what I was trying to explain is that a number of referees argue that foul language is now not defined in the LOTG Law 12 as a RC offence, which is wrong.

My other reply agrees that Law 5 allows the referee to take discretion on making decisions, which agrees with your view.

Respectfully, foul language is not covered by Law 12. Offensive, Insulting or Abusive Language or Gestures are.

Again it then comes down to someone having an interpretation of what is and isn't Offensive, Insulting or Abusive and the best person to decide that is the referee.

I do concede that there are certain words and terms that a majority of people would find offensive, even if not directed specifically at anyone, but there are an awful lot that are more contentious and more open to debate as to their offensive nature. I do believe it's one of the reasons that the law was changed to OFFINABUS from "Foul and Abusive Language"

The Referee Store
In three different games, I just casually told the player to pick a different F-word. All three times that was all that it took to stop the cursing during the game. None of them were directed at me or another player, and I was sure to say it loud enough for most people to hear it.

In three different games, I just casually told the player to pick a different F-word. All three times that was all that it took to stop the cursing during the game. None of them were directed at me or another player, and I was sure to say it loud enough for most people to hear it.
Some people i Know are offended, or at least pretend to be offended, when they hear the word 'Fart' :mute: :) (Can I use that word on the forum without using symbols?)

Back