A&H

The Forum Is Growing.....

Kes

I'll Decide ...
Only joined here myself around 6 months ago, and recall there being a circa 1400 strong membership at the time. Today's membership count is 1569. :cool:
This can only be a good thing. :)

Spread the word guys....... :cool:

The Referee Store
Some other referee related forums have become graveyards in the past 6 months. When I originally joined this forum wasn't anywhere near as active as it is now. Note my join date an the fact I've only become active on here within the last month.

RateTheRef is the only other major one but that mainly concentrates on the professional games referees I find. Obviously we do discuss them but there's a lot more developmental help on here.

Briefly looked at ratetheref, but from what I saw appears to be predominately a place for fans to vent about how terrible referees are in general with very little regard for the actual laws of the game.

Used to be a regular on the referee forum, but it's full of tumble weed these days!

Briefly looked at ratetheref, but from what I saw appears to be predominately a place for fans to vent about how terrible referees are in general with very little regard for the actual laws of the game.

Used to be a regular on the referee forum, but it's full of tumble weed these days!

I think there's more than one RateTheRef, but the main one is majorly referees, and it does seem that those of the higher levels are on there. There's quite a few L2's and above on there.

I have used The Referee Forum. Back when I first registered for this forum TRF seemed to be more active, but it simply has died off. Not enough active members which has cascaded into more leaving.

It seemed to die because of a small number of users who strangled the life out of discussions with their holier than thou attitude (imho of course).

Sad. Was a busy forum when I first came upon it some time back. Some great content.

Let's make sure that doesn't happen here gents?

It seemed to die because of a small number of users who strangled the life out of discussions with their holier than thou attitude (imho of course).

Sad. Was a busy forum when I first came upon it some time back. Some great content.

And I left it, so did Sundial (RIP) and SheffieldsFinest

You...mean.....*sniff*………

I'M NOT THE FIRST?!?!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

:rolleyes: I assumed you WERE SheffieldsFinest :D

But hey. It's like a second hand Aston Martin. It's that good, you know you're not the first, but do you really care?

Mod edit: nice picture, but a bit much. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I also had hundreds of posts on the referee forum but over the past 6 months or so you could go a week without a new topic.

Sheffields Finest still posts on there, we should get him over here!

Just thought id post some stats for you all to see that show how things have changed over the years. You were clearly all bored in January 2015 as that shows we had over 3500 posts that month :p

Took best part of 3 years to get to 20000 posts
Screenshot 2016-04-28 18.31.45.png Image-2.jpg
The above image was from July 2013
Image-1.jpg
This one from April 2014

To sum up, im really quite chuffed with how things are progressing here. I still remember the night i put this live, new years eve 2010, whilst sat in a cabin on a rooftop of a grotty block of flats in London, saying to myself, ill be surprised if this takes off!

So big thankyou from me for your continued support

I'm not saying of course that the forum gaining in popularity over the last 6 months has anything to do with me becoming a member. No. That's just complete coincidence. :p

I think you just had to wait for The Referee Forum to hit its demise as that was very popular when I joined it. There was also another one around when I first qualified (2012) but it isn't here anymore. Sheffield's Finest still posts on The Referee Forum but it seems to be just him there haha.

I ran a fairly successful local football forum that eventually died, I've always been involved in forums, so was eager to start another one up. Seemed logical to start one about refereeing as its been a massive part of my life. So on that freezing cold night in Camberwell whilst waiting for a spare part to arrive, RefChat was born!

And here we are 5 and a bit years later, almost 70k posts, 1500 ish members and over 2k followers on Twitter.

Chuffed to bits, considerably out of pocket as RefChat has its own dedicated server and a huge database.l, but wouldn't change it for the world.

I ran a fairly successful local football forum that eventually died, I've always been involved in forums, so was eager to start another one up. Seemed logical to start one about refereeing as its been a massive part of my life. So on that freezing cold night in Camberwell whilst waiting for a spare part to arrive, RefChat was born!

And here we are 5 and a bit years later, almost 70k posts, 1500 ish members and over 2k followers on Twitter.

Chuffed to bits, considerably out of pocket as RefChat has its own dedicated server and a huge database.l, but wouldn't change it for the world.
It's all a taxable deduction now that you're back active again ;)

Yes was an ally of mine on that forum hence the nod with the name!

SM is right though. Too many arrogant sods meant I found refchat!

I trust you are not referring to me there!! ;) :D

I became a mod as part of an injection of new blood but it haemorrhaged people. The decline started before Official Sports went belly-up, but that just accelerated it. The "columns" The Sheriff and The Piranha, criticising the FA and other Premier League referees (allegedly written by one...don't believe a word) whilst trying to win the kit deal (ok A+H had it sewn up anyway... boom boom) is hardly a sound business decision.

Back