A&H

Referee shirt - not tucked in? !!

How do you wear your shirt when refereeing?

• Always tucked in - anything else is slovenly.

Votes: 51 94.4%
  • Either or. Depends on how I feel. .

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Never tucked in. There's no law against it.

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Referee Store
not sure why people are getting aggy? as its been said - no mention in the LOTG and it is a choice thing! I understand assesors mayu mark you down for it but I personally would be pretty annoyed if I had the game of my life, and dropped marks because of a shirt!!

not as if @RegalRef is saying he refs with his socks down ... are you?! ha-ha

chillax peoples

Socks always up including warm up.

As a more rounded chap, my shirt starts the game tucked in but often ends up untucked, I'll be buggered if I'm gonna keep tucking it in

And have you noticed as it becomes untucked you start to loose your match control until you tuck it back in and it magically comes back @Ross ?

I bet nobody other than you has ever even noticed!

Reactions: DB
All this bickering makes me ask myself (and now the wider forum): Where is the love fellas?

:cool:

All this bickering makes me ask myself (and now the wider forum): Where is the love fellas?

What's wrong with the world, mama
People livin' like they ain't got no mamas
I think the whole world addicted to the drama
Only attracted to things that'll bring you trauma
Wrong information always shown by the media
Negative images is the main criteria
Infecting the young minds faster than bacteria
Kids wanna act like what they see in the cinema
Where is the love?

That's just you being all avuncular again!! ;) :D

I have to be honest, I don't detect any "bickering" in this thread at all. A bit of sarcasm and ready wit at best. That's what makes this forum my favourite one now. The members are all really well behaved and the banter is good.

I moderate on a shooting forum and that's like a cattle market at times. :D

Shirt every game, most games also with a tie and suit.

Clean kit, clean boots, fresh match pad.

Warm up is ref kit, socks up, and thin over jacket. Jacket comes off either 5 before KO if staying out or back to the changing rooms, bell the teams and off we go.

So far I've had comments back to my assessor from the club secretary that " It's a pleasure to see a ref in a shirt and tie - shows that he takes it seriously and doesnt look like a sloppy git." And when you've got the ref's promotion manager forwarding the comments similar to the above from teams who have never been known not to whinge........ long live the suit and tie!

Back