A&H

Promotion 10/11

The Referee Store
Got my letter through this morning - didn't get L5. Despite giving the CFA regular updates on games I was appointed to (in accordance with regulations) - only received 4 Assessments all season - one of which was an extremely poorly written report that a couple of people here have seen, which basically took me to the cleaners.

I'm starting to question whether it is really worth the commitment?

i only required 3 assesments and 20 middles for my L5, i did get 4 assesments and 23 middles in the end is it differant in your cfa

Sorry to hear you didnt get it (no chance of an appeal ?)

That officially sucks! Any chance of appealing it? I'd want clarification as to why promotion wasn't given if that's the case

Ross said:
That officially sucks! Any chance of appealing it? I'd want clarification as to why promotion wasn't given if that's the case

Our branch meeting is this Thursday. Will speak to our local league appointments sec - if my club marks are as good as I think - then I may take it further

Barring a change of heart, as it stands I won't be going for promotion again next season.

Being turned down can blow a huge hole in your self-esteem and confidence. I know, because I've been there before, and right now, I'm there again. No matter how sincere the comiserations are, you can be forgiven for thinking that they sound hollow, and that it "is easy for them to say so."
It will seem unjust if you compare yourself to others, particularly those who have gone 7-6, 6-5 in consecutive seasons. They will seem to have caught all the breaks. I know this from bitter experience. As has been said above however, the way to deal with this is to look at your games, and assessments and see if anything stands out. The answer may be there.

It is not easy, and I won't fob you off. In my career this is the fourth time I have been passed over. It doesn't get easier, but the key is not to be discouraged. Your emotions will be all over the place. This is normal. In the last 24 Hours I have been on a rollercoaster, ranging from wanting to tell them where to shove it, to a resigned acceptance, to a despairing "Where do I go from here?"

Whilst these feelings are normal, do not dwell on them, because that will lead you into the path of blaming everybody else, and denying the obvious. Only you can fix it, and need to find your own way.

For me, at the present time, I'm feeling jaded, disaffected and disllusioned. I am seriously considering taking a break - not from refereeing, but going through the promotion mill, instead concentrating on getting back to enjoying my football again, and finding my way again, because it seems looking back this year, that I have lost my way somewhere.

In the words of Shawn Michaels - I've lost my smile. Right now, I think I need time to find it again.

Tealeaf said:
Barring a change of heart, as it stands I won't be going for promotion again next season.

Being turned down can blow a huge hole in your self-esteem and confidence. I know, because I've been there before, and right now, I'm there again. No matter how sincere the comiserations are, you can be forgiven for thinking that they sound hollow, and that it "is easy for them to say so."
It will seem unjust if you compare yourself to others, particularly those who have gone 7-6, 6-5 in consecutive seasons. They will seem to have caught all the breaks. I know this from bitter experience. As has been said above however, the way to deal with this is to look at your games, and assessments and see if anything stands out. The answer may be there.

It is not easy, and I won't fob you off. In my career this is the fourth time I have been passed over. It doesn't get easier, but the key is not to be discouraged. Your emotions will be all over the place. This is normal. In the last 24 Hours I have been on a rollercoaster, ranging from wanting to tell them where to shove it, to a resigned acceptance, to a despairing "Where do I go from here?"

Whilst these feelings are normal, do not dwell on them, because that will lead you into the path of blaming everybody else, and denying the obvious. Only you can fix it, and need to find your own way.

For me, at the present time, I'm feeling jaded, disaffected and disllusioned. I am seriously considering taking a break - not from refereeing, but going through the promotion mill, instead concentrating on getting back to enjoying my football again, and finding my way again, because it seems looking back this year, that I have lost my way somewhere.

In the words of Shawn Michaels - I've lost my smile. Right now, I think I need time to find it again.

Some salient words there - will be speaking to people tonight.

For the record this is the 13th time I've not gotten promotion. And this season it sucks particularly

Chris, I copied and posted from another forum I'm on. My wife last night said that it may be for the best, as I can take stock of my committments, and focus on me and mine for a while. Some decisions I have already made; they will upset some people, but I have to do them for me.

It's not just the non-promotion that has gotten me feeling this way, there are other things such as a lack of committment from other people, and a lack of appreciation for the work that myself and several others put in. Yesterday brought it all to a head, so it is time for contemplation.

Got my letter through this morning - didn't get L5. Despite giving the CFA regular updates on games I was appointed to (in accordance with regulations) - only received 4 Assessments all season - one of which was an extremely poorly written report that a couple of people here have seen, which basically took me to the cleaners.

I'm starting to question whether it is really worth the commitment?

Chris, i'm gutted for you.

Might be worth having a word with Adam?

Well - had a couple of things confirmed tonight. My club marks for Sunday football were up at the League Average (mid-high 70s), and my Saturday League marks (the lower divisions of our local Supply League) were apparently up in the mid 80's.

So it looks like the Assessments are the issue here - our local Appointments Sec is getting clarification and feedback from CFA as to the exact reasons. What makes it slightly worse is that some others have been given an extension (due to the weather I assume) to get games in and other stuff in order for a decision to be made in October. Looks like I haven't been given such a luxury.

How did your assessments go Chris? They can't all of been bad

Got my letter through last Thursday and I was pleased to see I managed to make the double jump 7-5. Probably hold on for a year now and then go for L4 this time next year barring no major disasters!

Back