A&H

Keeper picks up back pass

• Thread starter Deleted member 3014
  • Start date
And be aware that this is a MANDATORY caution to the player who flicked it up to head/chest back to the GK. In fact, the reason you are justified to give the indirect kick is due to giving the caution.

Jesus it gets worse you’ve got to book the poor bugger Aswell.

The Referee Store
Tbf, I don't think I've ever seen such a scenario on the field myself.

Good to know though I guess, never say never in Sunday league.

I could share some story’s on here that defy belief

Haha, I love those examples.

That second one was so good, I'd feel bad booking him for using such skill. :(

So the free kick is taken from where the keeper picks it up from I take it? As that’s when it becomes an offence, obviously flicking the ball up and heading it alone is not an offence

So the free kick is taken from where the keeper picks it up from I take it? As that’s when it becomes an offence, obviously flicking the ball up and heading it alone is not an offence

The IDFK is taken from where the player headed/chested the ball back to the GK after circumvented the back
pass rule.

You aren't giving the IDFK for a "backpass" because it wasn't one. The defender didn't kick the ball to the GK. You're giving an IDFK because you're stopping play to caution the player who circumvented the backpass rule. You must give the caution or else you have no justification for giving the IDFK. This means the FK is where the defender headed/chested it back to the GK. It becomes an offense the moment the player flicks it up and you decide that he's trying to get the ball to the GK so he can handle it.

The IDFK is taken from where the player headed/chested the ball back to the GK after circumvented the back
pass rule.

You aren't giving the IDFK for a "backpass" because it wasn't one. The defender didn't kick the ball to the GK. You're giving an IDFK because you're stopping play to caution the player who circumvented the backpass rule. You must give the caution or else you have no justification for giving the IDFK. This means the FK is where the defender headed/chested it back to the GK. It becomes an offense the moment the player flicks it up and you decide that he's trying to get the ball to the GK so he can handle it.

Cheers

Going off topic, I’ve been wondering of late what category’s to put certain offences into.

Am I right in thinking
Careless
Reckless
Excessive force

These are like the 10 commandments is that correct, you use these three to distinguish between the punishment?

So my question is? And I ask this because I worry I might have to give the explanation to a player when booking or sending someone off.

Player punches sum1 = striking an opponent?

Two foot two the knee cap = dangerous tackle or wreck less or excessive force? I’m not sure what u would call it & that’s bothers me, I don’t know what you call it.

Like two footed challenges or kicking sum1 or stamping I just don’t know what you call individual offences & I would like to know when I’m dealing with a player.

Is there a list of these anywhere?

Going off topic, I’ve been wondering of late what category’s to put certain offences into.

Am I right in thinking
Careless
Reckless
Excessive force

These are like the 10 commandments is that correct, you use these three to distinguish between the punishment?

So my question is? And I ask this because I worry I might have to give the explanation to a player when booking or sending someone off.

Player punches sum1 = striking an opponent?

Two foot two the knee cap = dangerous tackle or wreck less or excessive force? I’m not sure what u would call it & that’s bothers me, I don’t know what you call it.

Like two footed challenges or kicking sum1 or stamping I just don’t know what you call individual offences & I would like to know when I’m dealing with a player.

Is there a list of these anywhere?

The type of foul doesn't really matter much. What matters is the reason for the card. A player punches someone - Striking is the reason for the foul. Violent conduct is the reason for the red card.

If a guy throws a punch and you need to explain it then it's pretty simple. "You punched him. Violent conduct. Please leave the field".

A bad tackle is "serious foul play". It can be a kick or a trip or an elbow. What matters is if you feel excessive force was used or it endangered the safety of an opponent, you give a red for serious foul play.

The type of foul doesn't really matter much. What matters is the reason for the card. A player punches someone - Striking is the reason for the foul. Violent conduct is the reason for the red card.

If a guy throws a punch and you need to explain it then it's pretty simple. "You punched him. Violent conduct. Please leave the field".

A bad tackle is "serious foul play". It can be a kick or a trip or an elbow. What matters is if you feel excessive force was used or it endangered the safety of an opponent, you give a red for serious foul play.

So striking to the face body etc is violent conduct & anything else that is red card territory like you’ve mentioned is serious foul play.

So the careless wreckless & excessive force is just the three category’s that you have to decide which the offence falls into depending on how bad it is.

So tripping sum1 from behind and getting your second yellow of the game wouldn’t be serious foul play it would be what?

Or even as a first offence that you give a yellow for, clipping sum1’s heels stoping an attack, what would that fall under? Just straight forward tripping?

So tripping sum1 from behind and getting your second yellow of the game wouldn’t be serious foul play it would be what?

Or even as a first offence that you give a yellow for, clipping sum1’s heels stoping an attack, what would that fall under? Just straight forward tripping?

Reckless fouls and stopping a promising attack (often called a "tactical" or "professional" foul) are examples of unsporting behavior. Whether it's a trip, kick, tackle, or push the it's the yellow for UB that matters.

So striking to the face body etc is violent conduct & anything else that is red card territory like you’ve mentioned is serious foul play.

So the careless wreckless & excessive force is just the three category’s that you have to decide which the offence falls into depending on how bad it is.

Strongly recommend you revisit law 12. This is well detailed in there.
Whilst the forum is a great place for law queries etc. The best way to learn the laws is when you've got a query go and look it up. Then if still unsure come here and ask the question re: specific scenarios and whatnot :)

MIB... Just wondering if you've done the exam yet? I think the book is disjointed and doesn't read very well. I understand it was written such that it could easily be translated into other languages

Strongly recommend you revisit law 12. This is well detailed in there.
Whilst the forum is a great place for law queries etc. The best way to learn the laws is when you've got a query go and look it up. Then if still unsure come here and ask the question re: specific scenarios and whatnot :)

Will do I did have a look earlier that’s where I got the careless reckless excessive force from, I’m terrible with the laws of the game, I find it very difficult to soak up what I read, revision and text books has never been my strong point.

I need to do something because I’m embarrassed not knowing the laws, also I have my exam end of the month.

MIB... Just wondering if you've done the exam yet? I think the book is disjointed and doesn't read very well. I understand it was written such that it could easily be translated into other languages

Haven’t done the exam yet & the scenarios and wording in text books tend to confuse me, I’d rather here it in general conversation it sinks in more.

The head on floor backpass I saw in a game of mine and I failed to act! I hadn’t been reffing long and it wasn’t mentioned in that detail in the course. I then asked for guidance on the previous forum site and was put right that I’d erred I’m not pulling it up and carded. Never saw it again but was always ready for it. These sorts of sites are invaluable for this sort of weird obscure stuff...

Back