A&H

Junior/Youth keeper handball / crying

Status
Not open for further replies.
All day! Drives me mad that pan disability football, played by (usually) physically unaffected players to a decent and competitive standard, has to rely on refs seeing out their retirements walking around taking it about as seriously as an U7s game. Meanwhile games at U7 level have young refs who would be perfect for disability football.
There is also zero development for any referee at u7 level. Nothing happens and if anything you're going to develop bad habits. I've never done kids footy apart from a few games this season as I've moved to a place with no step 5/6 football, but if I would've started at 14 then I'd expect to have maybe u12/u13 games and then go up age groups as I got older. Some refs just do it for some spare cash and want to stay reffing kids football and that's absolutely fine, but they should be refereeing older kids. If there's certain areas of the country that have a surplus of referees then I think it would be great to have referees at u7s because at least they're getting a game. But in reality, where is that happening? If I walked past a multi pitch facility with a coach/parent refereeing an u15 game and a qualified ref doing an u7 game I'd wonder what the hell is going on.

Reactions: Kes
The Referee Store
The use of some simple grammar wouldn't go amiss, James.

At what age do you propose a referee would be appropriate in youth football - U9, U11, U13? I would love to hear your thoughts on this. Why exactly do you deem the chosen age group as an appropriate juncture to introduce referees? Furthermore, why the ages below this group did not warrant an official?
This board is about refereeing issues not how people spell or write things.

Try and be civil, even if you don't agree.

This board is about refereeing issues not how people spell or write things.

Try and be civil, even if you don't agree.
I agree with this. My post was purely to point out, as stated by James, that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!

I actually think the overall standard of grammar on this board is well above average for an internet forum, but as said, it's totally irrelevant - some people have valid reasons why their grammar is poor and they could be the ones with the most to give in terms of input on refereeing related issues, so it's really irrelevant.

This thread has gone soooooo much off topic, it is closed.

If people want t discuss issuing cards in youth football, please start a new thread. If please want to discuss grammar on this site, then....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back