A&H

Flamini's tackle

red or yellow

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

howard_webb

What's everyone's thoughts on flamini two foot tackle today,

Referee was well placed I thought, but I'm amazed how he didn't show a red card for it

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 39
The Referee Store
im hoping that everyone on here is at least showing a card of some sort lolololol

Added nothing just for u @Padfoot :)

Not convinced it was even a FK.....Flaminis feet go either side of Goslings leg so the ball was won with one foot....plus Gosling jumps into it a bit himself...ball was about a metre or so in front of Gosling, certainly wouldn't class it as at his feet or even under control.

Think it looks far worse than it actually was.

Red. Regardless, he's led with two feet. He is not in positive control of his body, could well have broken a leg here. With two feet going forward, all your weight is going forward and down. Easiest call today for me!

*Prepares for criticism*

Red. Regardless, he's led with two feet. He is not in positive control of his body, could well have broken a leg here. With two feet going forward, all your weight is going forward and down. Easiest call today for me!

*Prepares for criticism*

Red.

Contact, two feet, fast and out of control.

I've heard enough at that point, pass me the cherry.

Made the challenge one footed, ball not under opponents control, complete overreaction to even consider red.

@Padfoot please dont ever officiate in Cornwall... I'd be scared if you stepped onto the field if I was about to play!! Scared for my life!!!!

I thought you of all people would have seen this was a dangerous attempt at getting the ball! It looks tamer than it could of done, much because of the Bournemouth players reactions to get out of the way!

Made the challenge one footed, ball not under opponents control, complete overreaction to even consider red.

Mods - please check somebody hasn't hacked Padfoots account??

Next he'll be arguing for more lenient approach on dissent!

Reactions: DB
If he had missed the ball, then maybe you could go red if he got the player full on.

But he won the ball cleanly with one foot....it was his left shin that Gosling ran onto not his studs...,because Flamini had made sure his feet weren't together.....in fact it even looks like he pulled his left foot back to avoid contact.

Can understand the caution, but was never going to be red.

If he had missed the ball, then maybe you could go red if he got the player full on.

But he won the ball cleanly with one foot....it was his left shin that Gosling ran onto not his studs...,because Flamini had made sure his feet weren't together.....in fact it even looks like he pulled his left foot back to avoid contact.

And that is why players still say "but ref, I got the ball"..

So if he had got a 'bit' of the ball and broken the bloke's leg, that's not even a free kick??
Whether he did or didn't get the ball is irrelevant, a tackle is either 'careless', 'reckless' or made with 'excessive force'. No mention of the ball.
I thought this tackle was the latter.

Reactions: DB
So if he had got a 'bit' of the ball and broken the bloke's leg, that's not even a free kick??
Whether he did or didn't get the ball is irrelevant, a tackle is either 'careless', 'reckless' or made with 'excessive force'. No mention of the ball.
I thought this tackle was the latter.

Agree with you here. When a challenge of excessive force is made, the ball is irrelevant. All it took is for Gosling to put his standing leg in the wrong position, and that would have been his season over. I'm all for a strong challenge, but considering the fact Flamini is airborne, at pace, and directly running towards Gosling makes the decision clear. Red card, without a doubt.

I consider the 'orange' card situations I've had previously, and this is far far worse a challenge.

I'm going yellow, the opponent is too far away to be in any danger IMO. However looked a red in real time and the man is very lucky

Ignoring that a moment, can we please get away from the terminology "2 footed tackle".
2 footed tackles are not outlawed in the LOTG, it is perfectly possible to make a legal 2 foot tackle. Referees should not be using this terminology as it encourages the ignorant masses to thing 2 feet = red card.
Has Flamini endangered the safety of his opponent or used excessive force or brutality is the only question you need to answer when deciding on the colour.

Last edited:
Back