A&H

Flamini's tackle

red or yellow

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No.

They can't be the same at all.

When reckless is committed with excessive force, it becomes dangerous, hence the red card.

Anyway, it was barely reckless.......won the ball cleanly, ball was never under control or even within playing distance of Gosling.
I'm shocked.
I though you sent players off if they sneeze without putting their hand over their mouth.

The Referee Store
You quoted my post but I never said 2 footed is red without contact?

Of my reds this season, only one has been for a 2 footer - which launched in the air and landed about knee high...

KH states that reckless tackles should receive red cards.
Reason #736 NOT to listen to KH.
His calling it a red makes me think it's even more of a yellow!

I'm not going to criticize anyone showing a red.
I'm certainly not going to criticize anyone showing a yellow.
Don't think you can say either decision is flat out "wrong"

Just to clear something up here... When I personally say two footed, I mean two footed and full weight and then some behind the ball. I've played enough football to know that some challenges that are made do take two feet to complete, which aren't dangerous. When I use the term "Two footed", I mean bum higher than the feet in the horizontal plane, a downwards angle and two feet together or close together... Not for example leading with one foot and the other following through :)

Not convinced it was even a FK.....Flaminis feet go either side of Goslings leg so the ball was won with one foot....plus Gosling jumps into it a bit himself...ball was about a metre or so in front of Gosling, certainly wouldn't class it as at his feet or even under control.

Think it looks far worse than it actually was.
30F7D0DA00000578-0-image-m-91_1454860602049.jpg

CaoZROnXIAAco3t.png

No Padfoot, it's as bad as it looks.

I think it is a red.
I think Flamini has seen Gosling off balance as he comes out of the previous challenge and he has gone in violently, with excessive force, straight legged, both legs, studs showing, sliding without control, at the ball, with every intention of hurting Gosling, if Gosling plays the ball and/or gets on the way.

There is more context. Flamini does this in games some times and has injured players before. A red is no surprise to him, his manager, or his team mates.

Young players should know that this is an unacceptable way to tackle in football.

I can easily sell a red here.

Reactions: DB
Just seen it again on MOTD and it's a bad one, definite red.
Flamini is saved because the Bournemouth player jumped up straight away, had he made a huge meal of it clutching his shin as though he had been shot (like most of the premier league Prima Donna's would have), he would have been off.
Kevin Friend and anyone else who does not think it's a red should have another look.
Why can the FA not take retrospective action??

I just can't subscribe to the idea that this tackle has put the opponent in any more danger than a standard late YC challenge.
Looks ugly as sin, but I just don't see how the opponent is getting injured from the distance he's at

I just can't subscribe to the idea that this tackle has put the opponent in any more danger than a standard late YC challenge.
Looks ugly as sin, but I just don't see how the opponent is getting injured from the distance he's at

Because this is the 'match of the day' generation......

Okay, take one foot away and imagine Gosling didn't get out of the way, possible femur break,

Bring that other foot back without Gosling jumping out of the way, almost certain femur break! It's dangerous and should not be tolerated.

I genuinely can not understand how some of you think this is okay!! It worries me that referees see this as okay! I still play a lot of football and I dread to think I'd get a referee on match day that would tolerate this sort of challenge.

I want to know at what point in Flamini's career did someone coach him to tackle like this! Or any other player for that matter. It's just not a natural way to tackle.

Okay, take one foot away and imagine Gosling didn't get out of the way, possible femur break,

Bring that other foot back without Gosling jumping out of the way, almost certain femur break! It's dangerous and should not be tolerated.

I genuinely can not understand how some of you think this is okay!! It worries me that referees see this as okay! I still play a lot of football and I dread to think I'd get a referee on match day that would tolerate this sort of challenge.

A leg can get broken in a completely fair challenge......

Back