A&H

Junior/Youth Abusive manager

Match control :rolleyes:

'I'm going to disregard law for match control because yellow topped banana hammock milk monkeys'

Where's that yawn emoticon

You're not contributing anything to this discussion. Oh well, I can only be responsible for what I say - not how you choose to interpret it.

The Referee Store
sj0F8RD.gif

Imitation.....

Care to expand upon your comment? Last week's ref is that guy that doesn't send off for DOGSO because it's near the end of the game, or gives an IDFK for shouting but no caution... it's certainly not, in my experience, one that goes looking for trouble

Errrrrr.... Think it was this 'bit'.......

Just the encroachment and the penalty going wide I would not be looking at a retake unless the defender has literally gone passed the ball before it's kicked. Shouting "boo" well did you hear it? I mean did you really hear it in the thick of the game? Sometimes there's no need to go looking for stuff. If the entire ground heard it, the aggrieved players are all looking at you and expecting you to take action then yeah, blow up caution the offender (not only because you have to in law but to help sell the decision) and have the kick retaken but otherwise just get on with what everyone's expecting: a goal kick. In its most basic form, the referee is there to sort out disagreements of what course of action should be taken during the game so if they're happy to get on with it then don't give surprises.

Theres a couple in there....:rolleyes:

:eek:

What is going on? I have one little sleep and all gif based off topic hell breaks out! Back to topic please

WARNING: post may contain exaggeration :D

There are two things for me here, and I'm writing this with the view of someone who sits on disciplinary hearings.

Absolutely right to get rid of the manager. He will be charged and he doesn't have a leg to stand on if he appeals.

Where there is an issue is the abandonment. Where any game is abandoned due to the conduct of participants there MUST be a disciplinary hearing to determine the outcome, leagues are not allowed to deal with it until county have done this. This hearing will in effect be determining one thing - did the actions of the manager cause the game to be abandoned. Had he refused to leave the area then I would agree that he had, but based on what has been written it will be very difficult to agree that he actually caused the game to be abandoned, and rather the referee chose to abandon.

This is what all referees should be aware of, if you abandon there will be a hearing that you will have to turn up to. So if you are able to it is far easier in the long run to get rid of the person(s) causing problems and continue the game. Yes, there will of course be occasions where you have no choice but to abandon, but to me this doesn't sound like one of them. Referees that I've mentored have been mortified when they find out they have to go to a hearing, but that is the harsh reality of it - you will be sitting with the idiots that you have had to deal with and in more cases than not they will spin a pack of lies about what happened. And the commission will want to know why you didn't just send the manager off and carry on with the game.

There are two things for me here, and I'm writing this with the view of someone who sits on disciplinary hearings.

Absolutely right to get rid of the manager. He will be charged and he doesn't have a leg to stand on if he appeals.

Where there is an issue is the abandonment. Where any game is abandoned due to the conduct of participants there MUST be a disciplinary hearing to determine the outcome, leagues are not allowed to deal with it until county have done this. This hearing will in effect be determining one thing - did the actions of the manager cause the game to be abandoned. Had he refused to leave the area then I would agree that he had, but based on what has been written it will be very difficult to agree that he actually caused the game to be abandoned, and rather the referee chose to abandon.

This is what all referees should be aware of, if you abandon there will be a hearing that you will have to turn up to. So if you are able to it is far easier in the long run to get rid of the person(s) causing problems and continue the game. Yes, there will of course be occasions where you have no choice but to abandon, but to me this doesn't sound like one of them. Referees that I've mentored have been mortified when they find out they have to go to a hearing, but that is the harsh reality of it - you will be sitting with the idiots that you have had to deal with and in more cases than not they will spin a pack of lies about what happened. And the commission will want to know why you didn't just send the manager off and carry on with the game.

This is a real issue for me, and I accept that I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, but I find the hearing process reprehensible. As the OP has said, his brother is U18; he will now have to sit alongside the coach who abused him to the extent that he no longer felt that he could continue with the match whilst he spins a pack of lies about what happened. Where is the justice in that? I'm not suggesting for a minute that the offenders shouldn't have the right to put their side across, but I cannot see the benefit in putting any referee through that.

This post really resonated with me because I abandoned a match last week. After a hearing when I was assaulted earlier this season, where the offender (U18) and his representative sat there and flat out lied about what had happened, to the extent that the player got away with a pathetic three match ban, I'm not sure I can put myself through that again. In the case of the abandonment, it should be cut and dried because it occurred after a dismissed coach refused to leave. I have a horrible feeling, however, that it won't be.

I honestly had no idea that every abandonment had to be followed by a hearing.

Back