A&H

Junior/Youth Abusive manager

The Referee Store
Let me clarify - if the team / players / officials involved don't accept the sanction imposed there has to be a hearing. The exception is if the game is abandoned due to any kind of assault offence, be that against referee or participants, a hearing must be held within 28 days.

Thanks for the replies; and I do sympathise with all younger referees in such situations. All I can say is that, having experienced some nasty matches some years ago, I didn't quit and have now gained a sort of resistance. There will inevitably be difficulties in the future, but dealing with them becomes second nature and you begin to take things less personally.
I didn't know about the mandatory hearing either: to me it doesn't seem right that a referee who takes the proactive stance of abandoning when necessary measures have been tried can expect further repercussions, whereas someone who struggles on to the end not only feels terrible, but gives the offending club(s) a free pass. I expect in my brother's case that the home club will probably give information on his behalf and take the matter into their own hands; as I've indicated, he is part of a club programme, so may be outside regular county procedure.

Hi
As this is an U12 game the referee has no option but to abandon when a responsible adult is removed from the ground. Child Protection requires that the children are supervised by a number of adults / coaches. That person can have information on the health of a participant and is acting in loco parentis. Once removed the game is over. If anything untowards happens a player while that person is absent it can have repercussions.
So for me once the coach is dismissed the game Is over.

A hearing is to decide upon what has happened. Why do you think that a hearing is "not justice" well no of course it isn't, the referee is acting as a witness at the hearing.

Hi
As this is an U12 game the referee has no option but to abandon when a responsible adult is removed from the ground. Child Protection requires that the children are supervised by a number of adults / coaches. That person can have information on the health of a participant and is acting in loco parentis. Once removed the game is over. If anything untowards happens a player while that person is absent it can have repercussions.
So for me once the coach is dismissed the game Is over.

Utter rubbish.

@Goldfish - from viewing past threads, we, as a forum, have pretty much found that the FA don't really know what they are talking about either ... soo...:confused:

Utter rubbish.

No, it isn't. If that person is the only responsible adult for that team (even if he isn't acting responsibly) you either leave him there and report him after, or abandon the game. If the referee removed him and something happened to one of the kids he was responsible for he would be in all sorts of trouble.

No, it isn't. If that person is the only responsible adult for that team (even if he isn't acting responsibly) you either leave him there and report him after, or abandon the game. If the referee removed him and something happened to one of the kids he was responsible for he would be in all sorts of trouble.
When the _only_ responsible adult for the team is removed, rather than _a_ responsible adult - but that is semantics. I did post previously that you should refer to this when warning him about his behaviour, and that you as the referee are not responsible for ruining a game of football for 11/12 year-olds, but he will be.

Back