A&H

🇺🇾 v 🇵🇹

• Thread starter Deleted member 3014
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
That guy who screamed in his face at end never got a card?!
Despite my tolerance esp of Ronaldo in an earlier game, that guy or anybody does that to me and they are off.
I can handle a shout, appeal, even a hand gesturing in fustration but nobody has ever, or will ever, run at me screaming like he did, and not be dismissed.

That guy who screamed in his face at end never got a card?!
Despite my tolerance esp of Ronaldo in an earlier game, that guy or anybody does that to me and they are off.
I can handle a shout, appeal, even a hand gesturing in fustration but nobody has ever, or will ever, run at me screaming like he did, and not be dismissed.

Ciley has spoken :redcard:

No justification for that level of abuse but the decision that it followed was absolutely appalling. Clear foul 100%, The ref must of been looking at a different game or got Uruquay in his Acca!

No justification for that level of abuse but the decision that it followed was absolutely appalling. Clear foul 100%, The ref must of been looking at a different game or got Uruquay in his Acca!

He’ll prob end up getting the final

Looked like a foul yes, and as ref I understand his fustration, Have a wee tantrum, jog by me and give me a "come on ref". Even give me a wee f word in there but run at me like that, with that look on your face, arms everywhere and screaming at me then thats your last involvement in the game, u11, ladies, pub league, senior or global tournament with directive to be leninant, your off. I dont even care what words you are using by this point, trust me, I willl class it as offensive

By not showing a red there, that ref is deming that behaviour to be acceptable, and/or anybody who acts like that in that referees games, in times to come, knows they risk a yellow, not a red
I dont often agree with the notion that what goes on on tv has a knock on effect to us plebs but here is a cast iron case where a red card was required

I adore Ronaldo as a player and can only admire his body, looks, stardom, but in hindsight, he has abused referees, showed blatent dissent, dived, potentially struck an opponent and its fair to say at our park levels a player behaving like that wont last long. I dont think its much consolation that he does appear genuinley apologetic at the full time whistle

The Referee has nobody else to blame but himself for the reaction.

He was poor from start to finish he made it very clear that he was going to be a bystander to the spectical, there is one thing letting fouls & cynical infringements go unpunished but eventually players will lose patience & respect for the Referee.

Not only did he let everything go unpunished but he started to let clear & obvious fouls go without a whistle at all, Ricardo Quaresma being the final straw in injury time, I don’t blame Ronaldo & co for loosing it tbh.

Scream in my face like that & your walking 100%!

The Ref showed how spineless he was from the first whistle right through to the moment of only booking Ronaldo at the end!

He will now have problems in his own league next season, he has made a rod for his own back and shown the entire world the level of abuse he is willing to accept.
Weak, shameful and he might be best just chucking his whistle out the plane on the way home (surely today) and accepting he had a good run at it but it was a game too far.

I’ll tell you how bad the ref was..

I watched the first half at home, i then dropped the Mrs & little one off to a party I pop in to say hello for 5 mins & the fellas are in the bar watching the game they say Jesus Christ the ref is a joke that’s non refs just watching the game, from there i pop in to my local bookies two mates work in there (not betting honest lol) again one says this ref is useless he’s always in the way & won’t book anyone.

First time this World Cup I’ve had non referees just football fans noticing how bad a ref was.

His positioning was woeful caught under the ball or in the path of the ball time & time again.
Turned his back on play instantly after blowing the whistle.
Had zero awarness of what was going on around him just chased the ball around like a puppy in a park.

If he refereed like that on a Sunday morning I kid you not you would end up with a broken leg & punches thrown.

The Referee has nobody else to blame but himself for the reaction.
I don't believe you are sating that. Seriously mate. Think about it. Would you be saying the same thing to one of our referees who was fly kicked in the chest two weeks ago because he had a poor game and made a few bad decisions?

Or, as a referee, if you see a player being a target of a poor tackle and gets up and punches the opponent, will you be saying to the opponent "you only have yourself to blame"?

Everyone is accountable for their own actions. Simple as that.

I say this with the best of intentions, if you want to be a good referee, you must move away from that sort of player mentality.

I don't believe you are sating that. Seriously mate. Think about it. Would you be saying the same thing to one of our referees who was fly kicked in the chest two weeks ago because he had a poor game and made a few bad decisions?

Or, as a referee, if you see a player being a target of a poor tackle and gets up and punches the opponent, will you be saying to the opponent "you only have yourself to blame"?

Everyone is accountable for their own actions. Simple as that.

I say this with the best of intentions, if you want to be a good referee, you must move away for that sort of player mentality.

One he wasn’t punched or fly kicked don’t go off on a tangent..

Stick to the facts..

He made a rod from the first whistle he set the tone he set the bar!

He has nobody but himself to blame for the reaction towards the end by the 90th min everyone was sick of him.

If he was physically abused then it’s a different story but he wasn’t was he.

Look, he was a dumpling, missed loads but didn't ultimately affect the result of the game!! Bye bye, Time to move on!!! Next!!!

Stick to the facts..

He has nobody but himself to blame for the reaction towards the end by the 90th min everyone was sick of him.

Hang on you don’t even know the most basic laws of the game, and have by your own admission stopped in the middle of a game to check google.

You’ve been refereeing for what, a season, and at one point came on here all teary eyed because someone said some nasty words to you while running the line.

I didn’t watch the game, the referee may have had a mare, but for you to come. On here acting like the second coming of Mark Clattenberg is a bit rich.

Stick to the facts..

I’m afraid that players don’t always see the difference between what Renaldo did and going further to an actual assault, and your comment basically says he deserved what he got. Yes, he had a poor game but no way did he deserve that reaction. Unfortunately the referees at this level, and in this tournament in particular, manage (ignore) that reaction, so the rest of us suffer for this.

Last season I had a player do exactly what Ronald did, because I correctly penalised him and he disagreed. He got the showers ready for his team!
At the end of the game his captain came up and said “sorry about that, but I don’t think you needed to send him off. Players should be able to moan when the decision’s wrong!” When I asked him if he knew what irony was he looked blankly at me, so I guess he didn’t. The player reacted to one decision - there was nothing in the game before or after that, so he wasn’t reacting to me having a mare!

The thing is, most decisions will have 11 agree with it and 11 disagree. It’s not a great leap from the Portuguese reaction to a team squaring up to a newly qualified Referee who is “having a bad game” and one of them going too far.

You’re newly qualified and will make mistakes. Before making a post condoning that I’d imagine yourself in the same position because the teams don’t like how you’re doing!

Hang on you don’t even know the most basic laws of the game, and have by your own admission stopped in the middle of a game to check google.

You’ve been refereeing for what, a season, and at one point came on here all teary eyed because someone said some nasty words to you while running the line.

I didn’t watch the game, the referee may have had a mare, but for you to come. On here acting like the second coming of Mark Clattenberg is a bit rich.

Why are you having an input on something you didn’t see.

Why are you responding to something that wasn’t in reply to you.

Because I’m a new referee that had some shockers last season does that mean I’m not allowed an opinion?
Do you have to be the second coming of Mark Clattenberg to have an opinion? Do you have to be a referee to have an opinion?

I’ve played the game for twenty years & had the boll*x to pick up a whistle myself, i may not be a walking talking lotg robot but I’ll have an opinion all the same thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back