A&H

🇺🇾 v 🇵🇹

• Thread starter Deleted member 3014
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
Let me put it like this..

If you stand outside Ibrox in a Celtic shirt shouting profanity’s & get stabbed then I’d say you brought it on yourself, I’m not saying it’s right but you brought it on yourself.

You ref a match & show zero discipline for a whole variety of infringements don’t show a single card all game, are very inconsistent with giving free kicks for fouls, turn your back on play instantly after blowing the whistle show no communication skills whatsoever to address a players appeal or point of view, you do all of that & then arguably the best player in the world has enough & screams at you when you’ve just missed the most obvious foul of the game, Im not saying it’s right but I’d say you brought it on yourself.

If you stand outside Ibrox in a Celtic shirt shouting profanity’s & get stabbed then I’d say you brought it on yourself, I’m not saying it’s right but you brought it on yourself.

:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

You were moving in the right direction until this.

Really struggle to understand how people do not get the difference between brought it on yourself & condoning something.
I fully understand the difference but don't agree with it at all. I gave you a couple examples with assault involved which you responded by saying its a difference story when it gets physical. A line which you have now contradicted.

SO let me understand you using another analogy. If a young girl wearing revealing dress with short skirt, walks through a dark ally late at night by herself to go home and is raped, has she brought it upon herself?

:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

You were moving in the right direction until this.

I fully understand the difference but don't agree with it at all. I gave you a couple examples with assault involved which you responded by saying its a difference story when it gets physical. A line which you have now contradicted.

SO let me understand you using another analogy. If a young girl wearing revealing dress with short skirt, walks through a dark ally late at night by herself to go home and is raped, has she brought it upon herself?

Unfortunately in the world we live in ONE I will be advising my daughter not to walk down dark alleys at night alone , you read time & time again or see in the news horrific crimes like you mention & often I think to myself god why were u there in that situation in the first place.

Bring it on yourself would be the wrong words naive & irresponsible would spring to mind but ultimately there are no words to relate to such a situation it’s beyond comprehension.

As for standing outside Rangers with a Celtic shirt on shouting abuse i’d stick with brought it on yourself, just like the Spurs fan or was it gooner that got a slap on YouTube for pretty much doing the same thing.

As the ref the other night did he brought it on himself, not condoning it but he made his bed from the first whistle.

Unfortunately in the world we live in ONE I will be advising my daughter not to walk down dark alleys at night alone , you read time & time again or see in the news horrific crimes like you mention & often I think to myself god why were u there in that situation in the first place.

I mean, that's wrong anyway. Most rapes are committed between people who know each other, friends, family, acquaintances. Stranger danger isn't quite as big as a problem as people think it is, ditto for the stereotypical violent rape - it is apparently mostly date rape etc. - The statistics are a mere 10% of cases btw: https://rapecrisis.org.uk/mythsvsrealities.php , with the familiarity of rapists going up to 93% when it comes to rape against children and teenagers.

But in any case, while I can agree with the principle that if you stick your hand in a lion's cage, it's your own fault if the lion chooses to use it for dinner, I will never agree with the principle that someone has 'brought it on themselves' in an official capacity such as refereeing - It's a slippery slope to go down, if we're legitimising abusing someone for being inadequate at their job, or having a bad day, then it's just a beeline into vigilante justice, abuse and violent conduct in any other walk of life.

I mean, that's wrong anyway. Most rapes are committed between people who know each other, friends, family, acquaintances. Stranger danger isn't quite as big as a problem as people think it is, ditto for the stereotypical violent rape - it is apparently mostly date rape etc. - The statistics are a mere 10% of cases btw: https://rapecrisis.org.uk/mythsvsrealities.php , with the familiarity of rapists going up to 93% when it comes to rape against children and teenagers.

But in any case, while I can agree with the principle that if you stick your hand in a lion's cage, it's your own fault if the lion chooses to use it for dinner, I will never agree with the principle that someone has 'brought it on themselves' in an official capacity such as refereeing - It's a slippery slope to go down, if we're legitimising abusing someone for being inadequate at their job, or having a bad day, then it's just a beeline into vigilante justice, abuse and violent conduct in any other walk of life.

Im not statistically astute in regards to rape cases & don’t care to be either, I’ll be drumming into my daughter to avoid potentially dangerous situations like dark alleys all the same.

As for your last part I agree well put, I guess when we use the terminology brought it on themselves it’s a slippery slope, but hey this is now getting way beyond my remit.

I don’t discuss race religion or politics or anything of that kind, politically correct etc etc & touching nerves with people I just think it’s best left alone.

The Ref was poor & Ronaldo was wrong let’s leave it that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back