A&H

You are the Ref moment

How do you justify allowing a black-and-white offence like that without correctly pulling it up?
The age shouldn't even come into it.
Because it was a small sided, school tournament with kids who just wanted to play football, not get penalised for technical offences that they didn't even know existed.

The Referee Store
All I would have done is stopped the game, explain why I did it and let him take it again.
I've done it a few times with players receiving the ball from a GK inside the box... Just stop, explain and let them do it again.

I know... I'm saying I would take the same course of action in the corner situation :)
I was simply pointing out that it's sometimes one of those rules youth players don't know or forget about :)

:)

Hmmmmmm - if you're not going to implement laws players don't know about, might make for an interesting afternoon - there's loads they don't know.

Reactions: SM
They also like to make thier own rules up, which is even more infuriating. There's quite a funny thread about that somewhere on here

Does the same apply if a GK takes a goal kick, the wind catches it and it blows back and the GK plays it again?

There's a whole raft of rules which many refs, let alone players realise whilst in play they have happened. I remember as a 7 in my very first assessment I cautioned a player for time wasting at a throw in. I restarted with an IDFK to the opposition when they should have restarted with a throw. Didn't fail the assessment but have never forgotten it ever since.

Does the same apply if a GK takes a goal kick, the wind catches it and it blows back and the GK plays it again?

There's a whole raft of rules which many refs, let alone players realise whilst in play they have happened. I remember as a 7 in my very first assessment I cautioned a player for time wasting at a throw in. I restarted with an IDFK to the opposition when they should have restarted with a throw. Didn't fail the assessment but have never forgotten it ever since.
Depends on whether the ball left the area or not

Back