A&H

Yet another assault!!

CallumRushton13

Level 6 Referee
thankfully not on me...

Refereeing seniors today, and had to deal with a spectator (yes I should've got a club official, but at first I didn't, that was my mistake)...

Approached spectator, asked him to calm down, and move to beside his bench... "No". Approached his bench for help, at this point his son (number 4) told him not to move... Which he didn't.

Home team Lino then shouted across the pitch, along with a number of the players, asking him to move off the pitch (he was now on the pitch)... He took offence to this and headed over to confront him home Lino, he was intercepted my a few spectators/the home manager on his way but he ignored them... He then head butted the home Lino, who was not confrontational at all IMO...

Match abandoned, police called, offender in the cells.

Time to nail the reports!!

Just to add: I had FA chief exec assessing me, league president and secretary both down watching the away team who have a reputation shall we say... President and CE were both most supportive, however the experience still left me shaken and feeling more lonely than ever as a referee. Juniors tomorrow however so hoping that will add some positive feelings :)

The Referee Store
Hopefully the bloke and the club will get their just deserts.
Glad you are ok and that it passes peacefully tomorrow.

I'd send one in, he's earnt it. You have a pretty good reason for not showing a card and prob didn't even have a chance to inform him.
He's clearly a kn*b and it's not like he can appeal.

On a positive note, you don't seem to be on your own here. Hopefully the home team will back you up.

Back