A&H

Yellow or red?

The Referee Store
It's one of those isn't it?! I thought yellow on first look, but without giving things away the replay looks far worse.

This is a tough one for me. It is definitely reckless and I think the ball is there to be won, but it seems that the bounce is greater than she thought it would be.

Nevertheless - it has to be a red! Could do serious injury.

Last edited:
This is a tough one for me. It is definitely reckless and I think the ball is there to be won, but it seems that the bounce is greater than she thought it would be.

To be honest I think a yellow seems fair, but I could also understand a red being given. I think the fact that she knew as soon as she did it, that saved her the red.

Thanks for the reply!

The injured player was down for 6/7 mins, with blood gushing out forehead

just throwing it out there, does that tip it into the endangering safety catergory?

Some fouls in this game. I went to 15:35 of vid rather than match to start and there was a naughty foul there too.

On to this one, red card for me. Make contact that high and late, studs first straight to the head is very easy to sell as endangering safety. Sold.

Some fouls in this game. I went to 15:35 of vid rather than match to start and there was a naughty foul there too.

On to this one, red card for me. Make contact that high and late, studs first straight to the head is very easy to sell as endangering safety. Sold.

Ha yes me too, but talk of a head wound confused me!

thanks for reply!

The away team goal, cant recall exact minute, around 38, comes from IDFK given for passback, something I not seen at guys football for years, scoring it looked so much easier blasting it at a smaller women

was a few interesting calls throughout the game

Ok, reason for post was other than its a good clip, its the first pro gams in a million years I been to and not had any involvment in, purely a neutral spectator

real time, at the challenge, there was a collective " oft" from the crowd, the wincing noise you make internally as referee when you see an awful tackle.
The home team manager had head in hands and the tech area went into deep discussion, as if they were prepared for the red
the offending player for me expected the red, and whilst her apologetic actions are genuine, they were more a last ditch attempt to plead for leniency
The away tech area stood watching patiently, not harassing the fourth etc, just looking on
I think what am saying is, beimg removed from the situation, I experienced the expectation, the atmosphere of all around was, this is a red
Upon producing the yellow, there was a collective, phew, from all concerned with the home side, including a youth coach sitting along from me who i know, who said, " she was lucky there"
The away tech area attitude now totally changed, they had fully expected red and were waiting for it, now, whilst still behaving reasonably, they demanded answers, how can being kicked at force square in the fizzer not be a red?

From 50 yards away high in the stand, I went red, and was surprised to see yellow, and nothing I have seen watching it back has changed my mind.
The fourth and Ar1 will have had same angle, all be it at ground level, to me, and AR2 had a clear view on it also,
Am thinking the delay in showing a card was due to ref trying to get input from the rest of her team.

Normally when we type, what football expects, its us reaching the expectation, it was interesting this time to be on the expectant side, allbeit the expectation was not matched by the referees actions!

in short, intentional or not, being booted full in face, effectively having your head, whilst standing upright, mistaken for the football itself, can only be endangering safety, throw in the speed and force of the kick, I really cannot establish how the officials classed this as merely reckless.

“But she put her head down!!!!”

:mute:

Can almost guarantee that comment coming out during a game.
However, I’d like to think I’d have given myself enough thinking time between ensuring no retribution, checking injured player and isolating the offender to go red

However, I’d like to think I’d have given myself enough thinking time between ensuring no retribution, checking injured player and isolating the offender to go red
New refs, note the sequence.

to all intents and purposes thats exactly what looked to be happening...

until the choice of card!

obv will never know what was said down comms but beggars belief out of 4 officials all with a clear view, none appeared to say red

Back