A&H

Junior/Youth Yellow Card?

Josh

Level 4 Referee
I was referee at a u11 game and the player pushed the ball out of the penalty area with her hand.
Would you give a yellow for this?

The Referee Store
Probably not at U11, I'd have a word with the player and explain why you've given it and how at an older age level, she might receive a yellow card for her actions.

never feel bad about giving a justifiable caution. only feel bad if it wasn't :)

No protests at the time, but after the game when I confirmed the name he said that he thought that it was a 'bit harsh'.

Mine said it made an example of the player and wasn't needed at all.

I was doing one u11 or u12 game when the parents and coaches 'shared their opinions' to say the least and I booked a player for USB when, on a free kick, he shouted 'you're gay' to distract the taker. One of the more vocal parents said 'what's that for' at the time, understandably as it probably wasn't clear from the sidelines, but I was amazed after the game when no one asked me, not even the coaches, what it was for

on a caution report form there's no space to add any details other than the caution code - if I was feeling really mean, I would have sent him off for OFFINABUS though!

you could always put it on the email message that you attach the caution report form to

offinabus certainly a possibility

In that situation it wasn't offinabus - it was clear that he wasn't trying to be offensive just tried to put off the kicker, but if I was feeling particularly mean I could have passed it off as homophobia and thus offinabus!

I think at the younger age groups Law 18 should be applied more often than normal.
I did a girls game at U13 when a goalie collided with a forward just outside the box - no malice but definitely went outside the box to stop the player from potentially scoring and not giving away a penalty. There were other defenders so no DOGSO but normally it would have been a booking.

I just gave her a stern talking to. Why no booking?
Simple, they were 4-0 down, there were about 7 minutes left and I didn't feel it would have done her confidence, or of her team, any good.

Open age game I would have yellow carded the keeper.

I know that's wrong but even the manager of the team that had their forward pulled down said it was the right thing to do (and he is a qualified ref too).

Did she break up a promising goal scoring opportunity? Did she try to score by using her hand? If not, I see no reason why you would.

There was a player close to her in the box who in my opinion could have retrieved the ball. However there were other defenders near the attacker.

Back