A&H

Yellow Card Confusion

Ge0rge

I had a game today when I gave a player a yellow card, took his number and we carried on with the game (I admit that I should have confirmed his name but just forgot to in the moment).

When I have come to log the card, I don’t think the player who is under that number in the team sheet is that player. The reason for this is due to the very specific nickname the player I carded had which sounds like it would belong to another player on the team sheet.

Should who should I contact to voice this concern? Or should I leave it?

Any help would be appreciated

The Referee Store
If you asked the player for his name and your CFA (in England) or national FA (elsewhere) say you should then you're in a sticky situation by failing to follow the protocol. I'd go with the team sheet number. If you did ask then you have to put the name you were given and then again, varies by area) can put in a further report for an incorrect team-sheet.

I once cautioned Donald Trump the Third - which didn't help Michael Wilson (the name on the team sheet). I'm not sure whether the CFA had a pop at the player for giving me the incorrect name or the club for failing to mention Mr Trump on the team sheet, either way they made a simple caution for SPA a lot worse!

I'd also add that, if you know your referees officer well and you failed to follow protocol you could drop them a line explaining the situation - at least it makes you seem pro-active in dealing with the error.

Back