A&H

Y1-Y2 Promotion

freddier

Level 7 Referee
I've completed a good handful of games now this season, and it is definitely something that I want to carry on doing, so level Y2 would be a good head start for 7-6. Does anyone know if it is up and running where they are? I sent an email to the address on the CFA's website, but I haven't heard anything, but I'm just assuming that this is something to do with the fact it is a new scheme.

Also while I'm here, what's the highest level you can AR at Level 7?

The Referee Store
In regards to requirements, please look at what I have attached under Y1 to Y2 or Y2 to level 7. I would also recommend contacting your referee development officer.

1667947843715.png

Also while I'm here, what's the highest level you can AR at Level 7?
Depending on where you are, you may be able to apply to become an assistant on a Local Supply League. These will usually have Level 5/4 Referees with Level 7/6/5 on the line.

Depending on where you are, you may be able to apply to become an assistant on a Local Supply League. These will usually have Level 5/4 Referees with Level 7/6/5 on the line.
The local supply league i am fairly sure is step 6/7 or maybe a bit higher

The term supply and contributory leagues is something the FA are keen to move away from.
Step 7 is no longer supply league but rather a feeder league to NLS.
Steps 6/5 are refereed by level 4 referees.
A L7 can run the line on either of these steps.
Thanks for your reply James that was very helpful, but what does NLS stand for (National League service)?

The term supply and contributory leagues is something the FA are keen to move away from.
Step 7 is no longer supply league but rather a feeder league to NLS.
Steps 6/5 are refereed by level 4 referees.
A L7 can run the line on either of these steps.
We have some level 5’s in the middle on step 6 games in our area! I haven’t yet come across a level 4 in the middle for a step 6 game. They only seem to be for step 5 in the league I operate in

We have some level 5’s in the middle on step 6 games in our area! I haven’t yet come across a level 4 in the middle for a step 6 game. They only seem to be for step 5 in the league I operate in
Thats just due to the amounts of level 4 in your area only being able to cover a x amount of games. The same happens in my area where there are 11/12 games we only have 10 or so levels 4.

Happens here sometimes when there's a shortage and no spare L3s.
Normally priority given to 5-4s, then ex L4s, followed by senior l5s.

Happens here sometimes when there's a shortage and no spare L3s.
Normally priority given to 5-4s, then ex L4s, followed by senior l5s.
James does that mean that you can lose you level 4, and get demoted to level 5 how does that work?

James does that mean that you can lose you level 4, and get demoted to level 5 how does that work?
Yep, believe if you are further up the levels like 3, 2A, B - you can leave and be reclassified as a Level 5?

And Levels 4 can be demoted after their 2nd season?

There's a retention criteria at L4 and above. If your position in the merit table warrants it you are reclassified (demoted) to the level below.

"
Retention – Step 5/Step 6 (Level 4)

Merit table positions

Removal from the Step 5/6 League Referees List (Level 4) will be based on the final merit table positions of active Step 5/Step 6 (Level 4) Referees on each respective Step 5/Step 6 League/Pool based on the final merit table of active Step 5/Step 6 referees for seasons 2020/21 & 2021-22.

You will be removed from the Step 5/Step 6 league Referees list if, for the Step 5/Step 6 League/Pool(s) on which you have refereed. You are.

• In the bottom 40% of the Observers Merit Table AND the bottom 20% of the Club Merit Table or
  • In the bottom 20% of the Observers Merit Table AND the bottom 40% of the Club Merit Table or
  • In the bottom 20% of the Observers Merit Table in any two successive seasons or in any two out of three seasons.

The number of games officiated over the course of the marking season will be taken into consideration when determining referees for promotion or retention.

Other factors

Regardless of the merit table positions, insufficient availability, fitness issues and poor administration will be amongst the other factors that may be taken into consideration when determining if a referee is reclassified.

First year Step 5/Step 6 League Referees area exempt from the Merit Table retention criteria, (except in exceptional circumstances) but not from other criteria such as availability, administration, and fitness.

Removal from the Step 5/Step 6 League Referees List will also result in removal from the Step 3/Step 4 Assistant Referee List."

There's a retention criteria at L4 and above. If your position in the merit table warrants it you are reclassified (demoted) to the level below.

"

Merit table positions

Removal from the Step 5/6 League Referees List (Level 4) will be based on the final merit table positions of active Step 5/Step 6 (Level 4) Referees on each respective Step 5/Step 6 League/Pool based on the final merit table of active Step 5/Step 6 referees for seasons 2020/21 & 2021-22.

You will be removed from the Step 5/Step 6 league Referees list if, for the Step 5/Step 6 League/Pool(s) on which you have refereed. You are.

• In the bottom 40% of the Observers Merit Table AND the bottom 20% of the Club Merit Table or
  • In the bottom 20% of the Observers Merit Table AND the bottom 40% of the Club Merit Table or
  • In the bottom 20% of the Observers Merit Table in any two successive seasons or in any two out of three seasons.

The number of games officiated over the course of the marking season will be taken into consideration when determining referees for promotion or retention.

Other factors

Regardless of the merit table positions, insufficient availability, fitness issues and poor administration will be amongst the other factors that may be taken into consideration when determining if a referee is reclassified.

First year Step 5/Step 6 League Referees area exempt from the Merit Table retention criteria, (except in exceptional circumstances) but not from other criteria such as availability, administration, and fitness.

Removal from the Step 5/Step 6 League Referees List will also result in removal from the Step 3/Step 4 Assistant Referee List."
Well its a good thing im only aiming for level 5, don't have to deal with all that.

"

Merit table positions

Other factors

Didn’t realise there was that much to it! Still got a fair few seasons until I might need to worry about it though.

Back