A&H

Write-on Match Record-keeping

Wolf_Ref

RefChat Addict
Level 3W Referee
Hi all,

I am aware that this is a regularly discussed topic. I am looking at trying to design a solid template for us mere mortals at GR level so that we can write details down, whilst it being on a waterproof card and easily accessible.

The rationale for this is that I find that many other match cards don't have enough space for writing full names, which makes it difficult to decipher when you get home (well, that is what I have found).

I have put together the following this morning (very much work in progress & there is another side for AWAY):

Screenshot 2021-04-10 at 11.36.58.png
What are peoples' thoughts on this - any amendments or variations that people would be interested in?

Anyone know of any places that could print this on plastic card etc.?

If enough people were interested in some of these, I would be more than happy to look at having them printed in bulk and sharing cost so that it is cheapest for people etc.

Hope you all have good fixtures today (if you have any!).

Kind regards

T

The Referee Store
This is my template. Prints off to an appropriate size to match those plastic books

Attachments

• Match-Card.xlsx
    16 KB · Views: 65
Overall, I like your template. The one thing that I might add would be a section to record subs. In the US, I often work club matches with one of the following substitution constraints.
1) Subs are unlimited in number and re-entry, but a team only has a set number of sub events in a half. Example - my son's league allows four sub events per half. You can sub out and sub in, and you can sub all 11 players if you want. You just have four sub events per half.

2) A team gets a maximum of seven subs, and there is no re-entry in a half.

If you have a section where you can record subs, I think that will complete the information you would need. Here's the card I use, which does include information for subs. https://www.refereestore.com/reusable-2-sided-score-card-pencil-pen-marker-safe/. If I don't use this card, I often use a one-page scoresheet with a separate scratch pad note in my data wallet where I can record the subs going out or the minute of the sub events.

Last edited:
Overall, I like your template. The one thing that I might add would be a section to record subs. In the US, I often work club matches with one of the following substitution constraints.
1) Subs are unlimited in number and re-entry, but a team only has a set number of sub events in a half. Example - my son's league allows four sub events per half. You can sub out and sub in, and you can sub all 11 players if you want. You just have four sub events per half.

2) A team gets a maximum of seven subs, and there is no re-entry in a half.

If you have a section where you can record subs, I think that will complete the information you would need. Here's the card I use, which does include information for subs. https://www.refereestore.com/reusable-2-sided-score-card-pencil-pen-marker-safe/. If I don't use this card, I often use a one-page scoresheet with a separate scratch pad note in my data wallet where I can record the subs going out or the minute of the sub events.
Thanks!

The leagues I’m on atm have rolling subs and no official requirement to note them down.

My main need for this design is actual space to write full names, as my Sunday league doesn’t do team sheets, so spelling and full names are needed.

I might, however, make a few variations of this with subs for future use.

Although not necessary to write during the match, I also have to submit club linesman names to the league - so use my match card for that too. Also when reffing at youth level, we also have 'Respect marshals' (Surrey Youth League) - and have to report their names in the same manner.

As this information is recorded before the match, I guess the back of match card - or any bit of paper would do..!

Hi all,

I am aware that this is a regularly discussed topic. I am looking at trying to design a solid template for us mere mortals at GR level so that we can write details down, whilst it being on a waterproof card and easily accessible.

The rationale for this is that I find that many other match cards don't have enough space for writing full names, which makes it difficult to decipher when you get home (well, that is what I have found).

I have put together the following this morning (very much work in progress & there is another side for AWAY):

View attachment 4885
What are peoples' thoughts on this - any amendments or variations that people would be interested in?

Anyone know of any places that could print this on plastic card etc.?

If enough people were interested in some of these, I would be more than happy to look at having them printed in bulk and sharing cost so that it is cheapest for people etc.

Hope you all have good fixtures today (if you have any!).

Kind regards

T
Really like this design but i agree there should be space for subs. When are you planning on getting these printed?

Really like this design but i agree there should be space for subs. When are you planning on getting these printed?
Waiting for a printing company to get back to me as want some samples before I order.

Will have a look for a way for subs - as short numbers on/off could suffice.

I got some of these at the link below from @Ross - they’re excellent!

Back