A&H

Write on cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
I use the RefsWorld write-on stickers. Fine tip sharpie works wonders, and comes off with a bit of nailpolish remover or Axe body spray.

Pencil erases decently well. I've had the same stickers on my cards for a bit over a year now.

Agree with AlexF - once you realise sharpies are the best pens, the refsworld skins are great, and don't look too obtrusive like tape does.

I was already on my way to try and use the Refsworld skin, but they seem to be out of stoch. Any other site you could get these?

Bear in mind though if you are in England they are now effectively useless as unless you are level 2A are above you aren't allowed to just jot down the number any more and need to take the name. If you are L5 or below and have no intention of going for promotion you'll be OK, but if going for promotion or you are already levels 4, 3 or 2B you will be picked up for it and lose marks.

As someone who works at a County FA doing the discipline admin, it is very annoying when we have to go back into cases on the system to change names because the referee hasn't done their job properly when cautioning/sending off a player.

If you are L5 or below and have no intention of going for promotion you'll be OK
Not necessarily - no matter what level you are, if you get found out you can be charged for a breach of the referee regulations, which could mean a suspension.

As someone who works at a County FA doing the discipline admin, it is very annoying when we have to go back into cases on the system to change names because the referee hasn't done their job properly when cautioning/sending off a player.

Not necessarily - no matter what level you are, if you get found out you can be charged for a breach of the referee regulations, which could mean a suspension.
If only Individual County FAs could comply with not only their bosses in London but the Laws of the Land that they think they could bypass.... #complaciant idiots!

Except the cautioning procedure is not laid down in the refereeing regulations so you couldn’t be charged under them.

It’s in the manual of guidance which doesn’t carry the same sanction - unless this has been changed for this coming season’s regulations.

Bought some from HeyRef.ca (Canadian company) and they are great in rain or sun.
I just searched for those and found them, but I was wondering if you could send a picture of yours? As I am confused with the packaging. Are they supposed to be kept in the see-through plastic?

Thanks in advance.

Except the cautioning procedure is not laid down in the refereeing regulations so you couldn’t be charged under them.

It’s in the manual of guidance which doesn’t carry the same sanction - unless this has been changed for this coming season’s regulations.
(a) The Association, Affiliated Association or Service Association, as appropriate, shall have the
power to act at any time in relation to the registration of a Referee who has:
[...]
(ii) committed a technical irregularity
[...]
(d) A technical irregularity under 7 (a)(ii) above shall be any failure by a Referee to meet any
requirement imposed on, or notified to, a Referee by The Association
, Affiliated or Service
Association as appropriate from time to time.

How exactly are you going to prove that a referee didn’t follow he correct cautioning procedure?

Most of the issues with incorrect names are because county FAs aren’t doing their job thus allowing suspended player to play under false names with impunity.

How exactly are you going to prove that a referee didn’t follow he correct cautioning procedure?

Most of the issues with incorrect names are because county FAs aren’t doing their job thus allowing suspended player to play under false names with impunity.
I kind of agree. If a player gives you a name, you submit a card as that name and it later turns out the name on the team sheet is different, you've opened yourself up to accusations of not being diligent enough. If you take a shirt number and submit the name next to that shirt number after the match, the paperwork all lines up and the blame is on the club if they've put the "wrong" name down.

Assessors will point to the approved procedure and knock points off for that - and that's reason enough to be comfortable with both ways of doing it. But I don't think county FA's getting on your back is a good argument.

Reactions: JH

I was talking about when the referee was being observed, and then it is really easy to see if he or she is following procedures.

I meant at a county hearing.

I know an observer can always get you on cautioning procedure if they are that way inclined. They can just say you didn’t hold the players attention etc
Had one observer accuse me of not writing down the players names, I showed him them in my book and he said I must have already knew the players names and hadn’t asked for them!
Turned out that they’d just been told to clamp down on cautioning procedure, he obviously thought that meant he had quotas to meet.

For me I am with the majority of writing the number on the back of the card and then marrying up to the team sheet at the end of the game.

The issue is not with this process as it can still be done properly, isolation, write number, inform player etc

The problem comes when grassroots and non league referees thing there on TV and start ‘flash’ carding from 20 yards away and actually make an incorrect note of the number of the player they supposedly cautioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back