A&H

would anyone elsa have done it but...

Hartlepool_ref

My last ever Sunday legue game for a long time on Sunday due to joining the Royal Navy in January...
Pitch was a bit chewed up and very muddy. U16s red v whites. The away manager whined and whined and whined that the pitch wasn't playable - home manager bitterly disagreed. The home manager went out of his way to get the game going by using groundmans tools and in the end I agreed it was playable (in fairness i would have played on it anyway). The away had brought the bare 11 and the home team had quite a few subs.
The wind was howling and it was like arctic conditions.
At the beginning of the second half the home team were getting battered 5-0 - they conceded 3 goals in 3 mins. Then the home manger began his "ref we can't continue like this, the pitch is unplayable" "come on ref the players safety is in jeopardy here" (????!!!!!????!!!!!)
I stopped the game at a throwin and simpy said "you pushed and pushed to get this game going because you assumed it would be an easy win - now you're 5-0 down you want it calling off ?... Not a chance, we're playing to the end !"
The game finished 5-1 and the manager after the game gave me a low score - this more down to my decision to continue the game than the actual performance in the game

Would anyone else have done this given the circumstances ?

The Referee Store
Nup. sounds like you were in the right the whole way. It was obvious that the home manager just wanted the game called off because he was losing.

I bet the away manager was having a good giggle though. :D

Back