A&H

WORST OFFSIDE CALL EVER!! RED CARD TOO!!!

deusex

RefChat Addict

Oh dear, I simply cannot see what the AR thinks has happened.
Ref needed to be waving that flag down.
Rest of this match must have been fun :/

The Referee Store
Wow, usually when we see a video of some officiating error, it is clear at least WHY the mistake was made. This has no redeeming way to excuse it. Rank bad.

I think its clear why AR flagged, he thinks ball has been passed to guy far left
Of course this is not the case though, and as poor as the flag is, its poor from the ref.
Very worst case senario should be here, flag up, ref keeps play going, goal, then ref goes to speak to AR, goal

Reactions: JH
Ive seen this videoing company before on YouTube, they do tend to over dramatise titles for Click bait. It’s not uncommon these days.

I think its clear why AR flagged, he thinks ball has been passed to guy far left
Of course this is not the case though, and as poor as the flag is, its poor from the ref.
Very worst case senario should be here, flag up, ref keeps play going, goal, then ref goes to speak to AR, goal
But the guy on the left is onside as well!

Wouldn't condone the referee shouting 'get off the field' after showing the red card. Almost fighting talk! This added to awarding the offside, simply because of a rogue flag, renders the ref worse than the AR in my book

Wouldn't condone the referee shouting 'get off the field' after showing the red card. Almost fighting talk! This added to awarding the offside, simply because of a rogue flag, renders the ref worse than the AR in my book
Was that the ref? I thought that was the voice of a spectator near the camera?

Reactions: JH
Was that the ref? I thought that was the voice of a spectator near the camera?
Given that the ref points at the player at the exact same time with a voice consistent with listening to the ref in the build up, yes I'd say it was the ref 'taking risks'

Given that the ref points at the player at the exact same time with a voice consistent with listening to the ref in the build up, yes I'd say it was the ref 'taking risks'
Given the volume of the shout compared to various other sounds caught on the video (including the sound of the referee's whistle) and the distance the referee was away from the camera I'd say that was almost certainly someone standing on the side of the pitch doing the shouting.

Reactions: one
Given the volume of the shout compared to various other sounds caught on the video (including the sound of the referee's whistle) and the distance the referee was away from the camera I'd say that was almost certainly someone standing on the side of the pitch doing the shouting.
That was the logic I was using. If the ref can truly project his voice like that, I've got no problem with his using it as a tool to be firm with players!

Don't agree, quite obvious to me

Interesting. I think thats tame. Of course each situation is different but if the circumstances dictated then so be it

Interesting. I think thats tame. Of course each situation is different but if the circumstances dictated then so be it
I believe in assertion (the ability to communicate effectively). If this was the referee's aggression, I think he was taking an unnecessary risk of further inflaming the exchange

I believe in assertion (the ability to communicate effectively). If this was the referee's aggression, I think he was taking an unnecessary risk of further inflaming the exchange

Sometimes you need to adapt to the situation in hand. Suppose it overlaps into the vocal thread, I have heard much more confrontational language on a red card, sometimes needs must.
No way saying ever red needs this but real time, a player being dimissed for offensive, might need to be firmly put in place (regardless of the poor offside decision in this clip)

Sometimes you need to adapt to the situation in hand. Suppose it overlaps into the vocal thread, I have heard much more confrontational language on a red card, sometimes needs must.
No way saying ever red needs this but real time, a player being dimissed for offensive, might need to be firmly put in place (regardless of the poor offside decision in this clip)
Don't get me wrong, I have a tendency to raise my voice at times. But when I do, I always feel that I could have handled it better. It's a difficult balancing act

I dont have much tolerance of a player am sending off for offensive, my thinking being, well, they have raised the bar in what they think is acceptable, so here, (within reason), have a bit of your own medicine

Back