Steve C 2
Alex71 1
Hattersfan 1
Jojo 1
Owen Webster 1
Svenny76 1
Tom-Henderson 1
Tealeaf 0

all to play for after 45 mins of the spain v Netherlands game, tho tealeaf has tipped spain!

The Referee Store
Wooden_spoon_award_79T8663_0.jpg

Thank goodness I'm away for a week in Humbersi...North Lincolnshire. Maybe there's no internet on the Wold. I can hide until I recover and climb the table!

What just happened there!

Mind you, they did lose to the swiss first time out four years ago so losing to the dutch could be seen as progress

As for the predictions, only alex saw the writing on the wall and climbs from equal 5th to equal 3rd

Table after 3 games

Haywain 4
Hullref 3
Alex71 2
Mike 2
Steve C 2
Hattersfan 1
Jojo 1
Owen Webster 1
Svenny76 1
Tom-Henderson 1
Tealeaf 0

On to chile v australia now with tealeaf hoping for a draw to finally break his duck. The wooden spoon escape has a certain ring to it

A stewards inquiry has found that I am entitled to four sympathy/accuracy points for correctly predicting the number of goals scored by four sides in the ties so far! #desperatetimes #desperatemeasures :eek:

Four games in and tealeaf remains the only person with a one hundred percent record :eek:

Table after four games

Haywain 5
Alex71 3
Hullref 3
Mike 3
Steve C 3
Hatters fan 2
Jojo 2
Owen Webster 2
Tom-Henderson 2
Svenny76 1
Tealeaf 0

Three more matches and nine points up for grabs today so it could be all change by this time tomorrow

Come on En..ger...land!!!

Last edited:
these injury time goals, which are totally unneccessry, first brazil and now colombia, are beginning to irritate me a little but, since it allowed tealeaf to smash it, to use steve c's terminology, i'll let it go, for now

table after match 5

Haywain 6
Alex71 4
Hullref 4
Mike 3
Steve C 3
Tealeaf 3
Hatters fan 2
Jojo 2
Owen Webster 2
Tom-Henderson 2
Svenny76 1

Uruguay already a goal up against costa rica as i write this. had to smile when i realised that only tea leaf has decided that uruguay won't win this one. brave or stupid? :)

Back