A&H

world cup prediction league

The Referee Store
i just meant that you couldn't finish first, tealeaf, in the same way that northants are out of the reckoning in cricket's div 1 :) please keep predicting

Northants PAH! I'm a Bedfordshire lad through and through..and they play...Minor Counties championship...and feed Northants...err yeah. Not a good analogy

Ok Final Germany to win 1-0 with a penalty and Argentina to have two players sent off including one after the final whistle.. oh bugger that was 1990.

Germany outright, 2-0. Vierte Weltmeisterschaft and all that

Cheers, Tealeaf, though I'm not sure that Vierte Weltmeisterschaft is even in the squad :confused:

A nil-nil draw between Argentina and the Netherlands means three points for Alex and 1 for Haywain, jojo and svenny

two matches to go, six points to play for and jojo still holding on to his two point lead

steve c and hullref both now out of contention to win the league. seven players still in with a shout, tho some will clearly have to shout louder than others :)

Predictions please for the last two matches

Brazil v Netherlands
Argentina v Germany

please note you have the option to amend your prediction for the Argentina v Germany game before the game kicks off at 8 p.m. (u.k. time) on sunday, should you wish to do so. however, the edit time must be no later than 7.00 p.m.

Table after 62 matches

Jojo 48
Svenny76 46
Mike 45
Hattersfan 44
haywain 44
Alex71 43
Owen webster 43
Hullref 41
Steve C 40
Tealeaf 31
Tom-Henderson 27

Brazil 1 - 2 Netherlands
Argentina 1 - 2 Germany

Tricky one as who's gonna bother turning up for the 3rd 4th place play off!!!

Brazil 2-1 holland

Germany 1-1 Argentina

I think

A real mixed bag of scorelines for the brazil v netherlands game tonight

For Brazil
Svenny and Haywain, 2-1, Mike and Alex 2-0

For the Netherlands
Hullref, 4-1, hattersfan, 3-1, owen, 2-0 and jojo, 2-1

So a 2-1 win for the dutch and jojo will be guaranteed first place whilst a brazilian victory will leave all to play for going in to sunday's final

3-0 to the Netherlands and the title is in touching distance for jojo. Only svenny can catch him and, depending on the number of correct predictions made by each, jojo may already have clinched it.

Hullref, hattersfan, owen and jojo pick up one point each

Table after 63 matches

Jojo 49
Svenny76 46
Hattersfan 45
Mike 45
haywain 44
Owen webster 44
Alex71 43
Hullref 42
Steve C 40
Tealeaf 31
Tom-Henderson 27

Well done to Germany and well done to Jojo as a 1-0 victory sees him crowned as champion World Cup predictor for 2014

One point each for jojo, mike, haywain, owen, hull and hatters leaves the final table, after 64 matches, as follows

A big thank you to all those who took part. I enjoyed it. I hope you did, too.

Jojo 50
Hattersfan 46
Mike 46
Svenny76 46
haywain 45
Owen webster 45
Alex71 43
Hullref 43
Steve C 40
Tealeaf 31
Tom-Henderson 27

Thanks for running it Haywain. A bit of fun and I enjoyed it:)

Back