A&H

Wolves Vs Brentford

Mooseybaby

Retired big bad baldy in all black!
No shortage of action so far in the first half.

Tony's goal rightly ruled out for offside, easy decision.

Brentford awarded penalty for a rugby tackle on Toney at a corner, plenty of Wolves complaints, Wolves keep Jose Sa yellow carded for scuffing up penalty spot. Ridiculous "defending" rightly punished on the pitch, decision backed up by VAR.

Another Toney goal disallowed, initially for offside, reviewed by VAR, offside overruled, but handball given against Toney in his control of the ball.

The Referee Store
Brentford's Baptiste receives a 2nd yellow for an utterly ridiculous rugby tackle in the Wolves half. The mentality of "professionals" at times is baffling. Another good decision, as Rusty said, officials having a good game...

No shortage of action so far in the first half.

Tony's goal rightly ruled out for offside, easy decision.

Brentford awarded penalty for a rugby tackle on Toney at a corner, plenty of Wolves complaints, Wolves keep Jose Sa yellow carded for scuffing up penalty spot. Ridiculous "defending" rightly punished on the pitch, decision backed up by VAR.

Another Toney goal disallowed, initially for offside, reviewed by VAR, offside overruled, but handball given against Toney in his control of the ball.
The 2nd disallowed goal I thought WAS offside as well.

"Loved" Jonathan Pearce's remark "Can't be offside , there was defender on the line" - totally ignoring the fact that the GK was no where to be seen, therefore, I thought, only 1 person between Toney and the GL when the ball was last touched by a team mate?

This was a great game for the officials and Brentford, and for the neutral.

The decision making was great throughout - without opening another thread - this was in stark contrast to Madely in the Liverpool game - I get to watch the 3pm - where Andy had a shaky start and there were a few odd ones. I think it was only his 2nd of the season. Hopefully he will get a run:)

Re Madley. Several cautions not given for SPA, including early on.

On the pen shouts. Benteke was basically tripped. Clear and obvious. No suggestion that VAR was used. Edouard was pulled back and therefore took a shot off balance. That's not a proper advantage and should have been pulled it back for the pen.

He then booked Ward for dissent after Ward called him a bellend for not giving him a free kick after he was basically taken out by a reckless challenge. Madley was very poor. He might be less poor if punters knew why a decision was or wasn't made.

Back