A&H

Wolves v MU

The Referee Store
Wolves fan here... I held off commenting for a while, as there is obviously a level of bias. However, I can forgive MD for not seeing it as I think he was blindsighted for the actual contact, but VAR, disappointing.

Bit baffled about the lack of a FK for the goal, although at the time I wasn't sure until seeing it back a few times. Bemused how VAR failed to overrule it.

The penalty shout above, I didn't even see it in live, but it's an interesting one - anywhere else on the pitch it is a FK.

MD had a good game to be honest.

That has to be a freekick, I was critical of a referee decision last week where the referee was unable to see the incident to make a call, this week we have a ref who has seen the incident but by judging, no foul, has made for me, a clear and obvious error.
Its also a sanction, reckless for me, I would also be open to someone talking it up to a red card, I dont agree its a red but i would understand if they did

one thing it quite simply is, is a foul.

random guess referee saw the Wolves player stay on his feet, deemed it a 50 50, whereas had the Wolves player have went down instantly, the brain might have come to the correct call.

That has to be a freekick, I was critical of a referee decision last week where the referee was unable to see the incident to make a call, this week we have a ref who has seen the incident but by judging, no foul, has made for me, a clear and obvious error.
Its also a sanction, reckless for me, I would also be open to someone talking it up to a red card, I dont agree its a red but i would understand if they did

one thing it quite simply is, is a foul.

random guess referee saw the Wolves player stay on his feet, deemed it a 50 50, whereas had the Wolves player have went down instantly, the brain might have come to the correct call.
If we need to use multiple angles to spot the contact, nevermind discuss yellow/red can it be considered a C&O mistake?

If we need to use multiple angles to spot the contact, nevermind discuss yellow/red can it be considered a C&O mistake?
Conceptually, yes it could be. If it is clear and obvious in those angles. Error in this context isn't about saying "bad ref, you missed that!" but about something that is missed and is clear.

Its clearly a freekick. On one view its a freekick,
its also an easy free kick to give to the defender on our Sunday league game.
referee through no fault, simply luck, has no angle on the challenge and for all intents and purposes it mighy have looked like a fair tackle.
totally agree we might need replays to decide on the sanction.

This is one of those we all have occasionally where we know me might have missed something and the benefitting team go and score.

Back