A&H

why?

Ryan

THE REF
Level 7 Referee
I have just completed my 6th and 7th games, on the lines (whoop whoop) both finals, so soon i will be level 8, but during both finals the referees put their hand in the air before a goal kick/free kick was about to be taken and kept it up until the ball hit the pitch, why? i have never been told about it or seen it before.

The Referee Store
Hand in the air is fine for indirect free kick (in fact its a requirement), but don't really understand why he would do it for a goal kick. Mindy you, I wouldn't understand why he would do it for a direct free kick!

The hand in the air is the signal for an IDFK, and should be kept in the air until the ball is touched by another player.

Not sure why they would do it on a goal kick though....

I have just completed my 6th and 7th games, on the lines (whoop whoop) both finals, so soon i will be level 8, but during both finals the referees put their hand in the air before a goal kick/free kick was about to be taken and kept it up until the ball hit the pitch, why? i have never been told about it or seen it before.

A bit irrelevant, but I don't think games as an assistant referee count towards the 6 games you have to do to become a qualified referee, I'm sure you have to be the man in the middle all 6 times.

Evan said:
but I don't think games as an assistant referee count towards the 6 games you have to do to become a qualified referee, I'm sure you have to be the man in the middle all 6 times
I was thinking the same

My RDo said it had to be 6 in the middle as you wont get to be applying all the laws otherwise. all you can do as an AR is advise the referee on what you've seen

My RDO told me that they all had to be in the middle. Being an assistant just doesn't use the same duties. After all, the 6 match rule is only there to allow you time to grow in confidence before going back to the final module.

spoken to my RDO, he made a mistake,he said now you could get away with one

If I were you I would do all 6 in the middle then they can't turn round and say you haven't done them.

Back