A&H

Wholegame

Big Cat

RefChat Addict
Level 4 Referee
Anyone stuck in this queue malarkey? 50 minute wait this evening... on a Monday night! 1900 logins ahead of me in the queue
Fancy there'll be a lot of discipline gone unreported

The Referee Store
Did mine as soon as I got home on Saturday.. Queued for 10 mins and the system worked a treat 😁

I had a long queue Saturday
1900 in the queue though... Surely referees have got more of a life than hogging the 'bad boys portal' on a Monday night :confused:

It isn't referees causing it, it is clubs last minute registering players. It's always bad at this time of year, but previously it just crashed rather than put you in a queue.

Never had an issue logging in straight after a game in the changing room

I always wait a day or so. ...
Under normal circs.. Yea
at the min, as soon after a game as possible whilst all the people who are clogging it up are at games and not clogging it up. 🤣

It isn't referees causing it, it is clubs last minute registering players. It's always bad at this time of year, but previously it just crashed rather than put you in a queue.
Since all clubs have to register their players on WGS this season, and we know club secretaries like to do things early ( :confused: ), WGS will be very busy this week as most grassroots leagues start this weekend. The FA have even apologies for the slowness and the "queueing" is an attempt to improve the system.

The psychology of queuing vs unavailability of a website is really interesting. Thinking objectively and dispassionately, of course a queue system that tells you how far away from being able to use a website is far better than the website simply not working for a proportion of users.

But people struggle to conceptualise how a website can have limited capacity, so the existence of a queue instinctively seems like deliberate obstruction, as if the web designer has specifically gone out of their way to make things more difficult for you. Wheras when it doesn't work, it's a bit annoying, but people do understand that web design and coding is difficult, so a portion of your brain is happy to just accept it's broken and come back later.

Bizarrely, a worse system that makes it harder to know when it will and won't work for you is generally far more infuriating to the majority than a better system with a structured queue would be!

The psychology of queuing vs unavailability of a website is really interesting. Thinking objectively and dispassionately, of course a queue system that tells you how far away from being able to use a website is far better than the website simply not working for a proportion of users.

But people struggle to conceptualise how a website can have limited capacity, so the existence of a queue instinctively seems like deliberate obstruction, as if the web designer has specifically gone out of their way to make things more difficult for you. Wheras when it doesn't work, it's a bit annoying, but people do understand that web design and coding is difficult, so a portion of your brain is happy to just accept it's broken and come back later.

Bizarrely, a worse system that makes it harder to know when it will and won't work for you is generally far more infuriating to the majority than a better system with a structured queue would be!
Yes, and no nation more than England likes to form an orderly queue. Its what we do...

I've seen today, a club using Wholegame as an excuse for pulling out of an FA competition. The club is saying they haven't been able to register enough players to fulfill their fixture tomorrow night.

I've seen today, a club using Wholegame as an excuse for pulling out of an FA competition. The club is saying they haven't been able to register enough players to fulfill their fixture tomorrow night.
Seems like a convenient excuse to me....

Back