A&H

Who to penalise

SM

The avuncular one
A blue attacker turns a red defender and breaks into the penalty area with a lovely angle for a shot. Two defenders are chasing and challenge at the same time, taking out the attacker.

They both are as guilty as each other.

What happens now?

The Referee Store
The Referee Store
Give 2 penalties.

Hang on I might have woken up thinking I'm Mike Reed here....

Here's a clip that might help contextualise this, as exactly that happened at Hillsborough a couple of weeks ago. Watch from about 2:40, it was the second penalty given in the game (a game that Wednesday breezed I might add :D)

A blue attacker turns a red defender and breaks into the penalty area with a lovely angle for a shot. Two defenders are chasing and challenge at the same time, taking out the attacker.

They both are as guilty as each other.

What happens now?

I stand there laughing while the defending team inevitably try to convince me it wasn't a pen. Despite them both taking the striker out.:D

Here's a clip that might help contextualise this, as exactly that happened at Hillsborough a couple of weeks ago. Watch from about 2:40, it was the second penalty given in the game (a game that Wednesday breezed I might add :D)

I am glad you picked this video, it's nearly exactly what happened to me except both defenders went off their feet.

This happened to me in my fourth game as a ref a few years back. I knew it was DOGSO and a penalty, but also knew both men had committed separate fouls at the same time. I did the same as the ref in the video and sent off neither man just giving the penalty! Joys of being a new ref eh?

Sometimes you know you should do something. Just don't end up doing nothing as a result!

Back