A&H

Whistles World Cup 18

Zimmyman

Guys what are the whistles that the FIFA World Cup refs are using this year some look like Valkeen but some have a silver colour ! Just interested !!!!

The Referee Store
I don't think that the choice of whistle is mandated - so it's whatever the ref's prefer. Valkeen is certainly going to be a popular choice though.

I’ve noticed actually that a lot are using the same whistle & also a lot have the finger grip but don’t actually use it.

I’ve tried so hard to get on with the Fox 40 lately but I’m just not getting it, I’ve tried the tongue technique I just feel more comfortable with my old school sound Acme Thunderer.

I’ve noticed actually that a lot are using the same whistle & also a lot have the finger grip but don’t actually use it.

I’ve tried so hard to get on with the Fox 40 lately but I’m just not getting it, I’ve tried the tongue technique I just feel more comfortable with my old school sound Acme Thunderer.
it takes a lot of practice, fox 40is a great whistle unless you can pay a fortunr for the valkeen

Iirc they used white valkeens at the last World Cup. These are definitely valkeens being used this year too, recognise that sound anywhere. I’d quite like one of these silver ones, although fear my wife will kill me if I bring another one home 😳

Love the Valkeen

Can't help but think they have been blowing a bit too much in Russia... lots of multi beeping, in the end, reducing the effect of the whistle...

Love the Valkeen

Can't help but think they have been blowing a bit too much in Russia... lots of multi beeping, in the end, reducing the effect of the whistle...

I’ve not watched many games but the ones that I have it didn’t seem to me like they were over using the whistle.

Merely using it to communicate of the noise of the crowd, and probably easier to use it to cross language barriers that you’d encounter at the World Cup.

They are all using Valkeen as far as I can tell. Makes me feel great, cause I use one too. 2022 here I come.

Back