A&H

Which fox 40

padiman

Wished I started this when I was younger
Level 7 Referee
ive got 2 fox 40 classic whistles and one is the cmg version. Which ones do you prefer because even though they are supposed to be the same the non CMG one seems easier and louder too. Has anyone else had this.

The Referee Store
Yes I have a Black Normal Classic as my main whistle, and a red CMG Classic as a secondary. Do you notice the slight difference in sound?

I do yeah just slight but the cmg doesn't seem as loud

I don't need to use a whistle anymore. I have evolved a mechanism within my mouth which allows me to produce a loud shrieking and startling noise blast naturally!! :D

More seriously, I just can't get on with the fox classic. The inflexibility of its tone annoys me and I keep ending up with a flaccid tweet rather than the desired meaty blast.

I've just taken delivery of an acme 2000 and it's a big thing that to me sounds the same.. Might spring for one of those £34 molten whistles from Japan with the funky holder

I've just taken delivery of an acme 2000 and it's a big thing that to me sounds the same.. Might spring for one of those £34 molten whistles from Japan with the funky holder
I worked a youth tournament last spring with a friend who had one of those high-priced Moltens. She had been dinged on an assessment for having a soft whistle, and the whistle solved that problem, according to the people on the next field. The tone just carries. She said it was effortless to blow.
I usually use an Acme Tornado model 635, mostly because I like how it fits in my hand.

Big fan of the Fox Eclipse. Like the 40, but more ergonomic.

The Sonik Blast is awful, AWFUL and sounds like a train whistle.

I have 1 not worth the money cant beat a fox 40 classic

Just got a molten dolfin pro. It's louder and clearer than the fox40 and acme 2000 .. Wonder what the volken sounds like. They seem to be used by the refs in the women's World Cup and under 19 qualifiers

I've got 3 whistles that I use;
Classic CMG and Blast CMG for main use both on 1 lanyard, allows me to vary between the 2 as needed in a heated game.
Molten Valkeen for special occasion games or for rather tasty games.
If you're buying Fox 40's then you want either a classic or blast, I don't rate any of the other whistles they have, especially the pearl

Managed with an Acme Thunderer for the best part of 8 years, switched to Fox 40 Classic and never changed. I am wary of new referees speeding up to £75 on the Molten whistles. I agree about the Pearl. Also never liked the Sonik range, just too shrill for my liking.

I agree the volken whistle is too expensive and for me at my level too much overkill . Got the dolfin for £4.69 on eBay so happy days .. Gonna try it out at battieford gala tommorow

I've got 3 whistles that I use;
Classic CMG and Blast CMG for main use both on 1 lanyard, allows me to vary between the 2 as needed in a heated game.
Molten Valkeen for special occasion games or for rather tasty games.
If you're buying Fox 40's then you want either a classic or blast, I don't rate any of the other whistles they have, especially the pearl
the fox pearl is a horrible noise

Used the dofin pro today at a gala and I must say its a great whistle same level as fox 40 but more meatier sound

I've always liked the classic as my first weapon of choice and my second weapon of choice is valkeen but hardly use it because of its indeph noise but fall to it for mass confrontations

Back