A&H

Which county fa

jim

Level 7 Referee
I live in wall Heath kingswinford and I am registered with staffordshire FA as I took my course there
For next season which FA should I register

The Referee Store
Hi Jim

Welcome to RefChat first of all. If you're registered with Staffs now, you'll need to register with them again next season.

I thought you could change who you register with?

I've only changed CFA when I've moved into a new one. Is there any particular reason you want to change?

I have been told it may be better for me to change to Manchester FA, as it is slightly closer than Lancs, and when it comes to county cup games, that I would get some further away if I stuck with LFA, but I think I will probably stay with Lancs because all of my kits have the Lancs badge on!

Hi thanks for the comments I think I'm on the border of staffordshire Fa but I was impressed with the training course I took so would prefer to to stay with them but thought I birmingham FA was in my catchment area will it matter which one i register wit

I took my course with staffs FA, once spending a season with them i moved to derbyshire as they were closer to me and seemed better, but i still chose to receive information from staffs FA as well :)

Also i got told you are meant to register with the FA that is closest to you

Hi Ross I took my course with staffordshire fa because birmingham fa stopped there courses so I was registered with staffordshire Fa for my first season I think birmingham Fa is my closest

Hi Jim I'm from sedgley yes Birmingham fa is your closest and hopefully I will see u around pitches craig

Hi Craig thanks I prefer staffordshire Fa can I register with staffordshire Fa instead of birmingham Fa

Can you apply for more than one FA?
I live virtually on the edge of Norfolk & Suffolk. I am with Norfolk and happily so but was wandering if I can do both

I think you can have county as a parent county and then be registered with another one as well

Im not sure how it works but i was with both staffs and derbyshire this season

I am with AFA as my parent county but have an associate membership (now free) with Hertfordshire FA.

This is most commonly used by students who actively referee while at university etc.
Eg, live in Leeds but go to Uni in London. Dual association means you're able to officiate all year and receive County appointments as well as applying for promotion

I done my course with London FA and I re-registered with them for the next year recently but was told I should have joined Essex as I live in Essex now and most leagues I ref in are affiliated to Essex. But I'm happy with London FA and don't really see a problem as long as your registered does it matter too much ?

Back