A&H

When to wear the new FA badge

OnlyUseMeWhistle

RefChat Addict
Level 4W Referee
Evening all

I’m in the market for a new top, one isn’t cutting it between doing more games and having the babies clothes and nappies taking up the machine most of the time.

Obviously want a badge for it but I’ve only got ~10 games left this season and I’m up for 2 promotions, one of which is 4w-3w.

Would 3w mean needing one of the fancy new blue badges? As far as I can tell: yes. In which case I’ll hold off until I know the outcome of promotion (two more observations to go!)

The Referee Store
Is it a written rule or more of an unspoken code about wearing the blue badges? I was shopping for a shirt recently and found those and saw it say "for Level 4 and above" but I wasn't sure. I just stuck with the plain old 3 lions one which looks much nicer imo anyway.

Is it a written rule or more of an unspoken code about wearing the blue badges? I was shopping for a shirt recently and found those and saw it say "for Level 4 and above" but I wasn't sure. I just stuck with the plain old 3 lions one which looks much nicer imo anyway.
Yes. You have to supply your FAN to be able to buy one from a retailer.
The FAMAO (3 lions) is being discontinued in favour of county badges for referees L5-7 and Y1-2.

Not worthy of it's own thread, but does anyone else find their blue badge curls slightly after a wash? Or is Mrs X not very good at doing the washing?

Not worthy of it's own thread, but does anyone else find their blue badge curls slightly after a wash? Or is Mrs X not very good at doing the washing?
It seems to react to any sort of heat. If it does through the dryer it unsticks and curls a bit. I've not had an issue with curling on the refstop one that is a bit more embossed, but that one is more prone to detachment.
I've found 40c wash and air drying works best to avoid issues.

Will be heat, as it’s Vinyl. I find all my kit does fine on a 30 wash with spin cycle 1000 rpm or lower.

Our washing machine is a washer/dryer and seems to have an uncontrollable habit of heating at the end of a spin cycle, so this is probably why. Our clothes either comes out soaked wet through, or having been heated somewhat.
Any way of uncurling a curled one?

Our washing machine is a washer/dryer and seems to have an uncontrollable habit of heating at the end of a spin cycle, so this is probably why. Our clothes either comes out soaked wet through, or having been heated somewhat.
Any way of uncurling a curled one?
Apply pressure to keep it flat whilst gently warming it, then allow it to cool while the pressure is still applied. Hot water bottle and your hand could work. Just nothing too hot!

The FAMAO (3 lions) is being discontinued in favour of county badges for referees L5-7 and Y1-2.
That explains why I never received the FAMAO then. When I completed my 5 games, I was sent the certificate and BCFA badge. I always thought I would get the FAMAO but evidently not.

Badge is, not so , cheap tat.

Step 2-6 and 3W officials received a free top with the blue badge on. Presumably this will continue for officials new to those levels.

Badge is, not so , cheap tat.

Step 2-6 and 3W officials received a free top with the blue badge on. Presumably this will continue for officials new to those levels.
One would imagine so...
The idea was so that there would be greater uniformity between officials kit at step 6 and above. (I don't think it necessarily works at step 5 and 6 with L7-5 ARs who are still going to rock up with a wide range/variety of kit)
So it would be odd to kind of just throw that away after 1 season.

One would imagine so...
The idea was so that there would be greater uniformity between officials kit at step 6 and above. (I don't think it necessarily works at step 5 and 6 with L7-5 ARs who are still going to rock up with a wide range/variety of kit)
So it would be odd to kind of just throw that away after 1 season.
Interesting to know if the plan is to provide one new shirt per season, or just to give all new L4s a shirt to keep it going. Hoping for the former, thinking it may be the latter.

Back