A&H

What wpuld you do here?

The Referee Store
FK no card.
Would love to know what the card is for but id go as far to say that its wrong

Everybody expected a card. It was in front of the opposition benche so I took a second to clearly explain why it wasn't a yellow and they accepted it eventually but the offender apologised and clearly was expecting a card too.

1) what's he arguing about the HB for?
2) Not a caution for me, it doesn't meet any of the listed caution offences for HB

I'd like to think that the ref in the clip is carding for a previous infringement, possibly gesturing and pointing to a separate phase of play?

It clearly isn't a yellow but me not issuing the yellow prompted alot of surprise. Easy explanation to give and we all cracked on with the game (4-5, mad match).

It clearly isn't a yellow but me not issuing the yellow prompted alot of surprise. Easy explanation to give and we all cracked on with the game (4-5, mad match).
I've said this in a topic before, but I observed a referee a couple of years ago and he cautioned for exactly this. After I asked him why, and he said it was for deliberately handball. I explained that not every intentional handball is a caution, but he just wasn't getting it.

On the OP, far from preventing a promising attack it has turned a throw-in into a free kick, a caution is just totally wrong.

Everybody expected a card. It was in front of the opposition benche so I took a second to clearly explain why it wasn't a yellow and they accepted it eventually but the offender apologised and clearly was expecting a card too.
Im referencing the clip and the card being wrong on that.

The change in law about 5 years ago was specifically to stop referees cautioning for handballs like this. This is a old school 'myth' handball caution.

I did a line for a referee who cautioned for a handball like this. He was being assessed by an old school referee who gave him full praise for the appropriateness of the caution. 🙄

The change in law about 5 years ago was specifically to stop referees cautioning for handballs like this. This is a old school 'myth' handball caution.

I did a line for a referee who cautioned for a handball like this. He was being assessed by an old school referee who gave him full praise for the appropriateness of the caution. 🙄
Last week’s ref and last year’s ref working well together!

Back