A&H

What would you like to see added to site

A

AndyW

Im sure we all want to build a fantastic refereeing forum especially with whats happening on other forums. So you need to let Ross no what you think to the site and what can be made better. If you have any suggestions or any feedback please get in touch with us. !

The Referee Store
The Referee Store
@Ross - Is there a way to make the alerts button go over the Christmas banner rather than hiding under?

EDIT - Sorry, the alerts notification

@Ross - Is there a way to make the alerts button go over the Christmas banner rather than hiding under?

EDIT - Sorry, the alerts notification
Yeah, it'll be in the CSS somewhere. I just need to figure out what class it is and make a few changes.

Since you've done us all a favour with getting us a Refsworld discount there has been a lot more talk in the 'Refereeing Equipment' section, so what do you think of having a separate one for Refsworld products?

Perhaps it may be worth updating the section on the profile surrounding each persons levels, it very much caters for the English referee, considering there are a number of users from abroad would it be worth contacting them and asking them how the system works in their country and adding them to the list?

For example I have noticed that in some countries levels are instead referred to a classes (like our old system) and start at 4 rather than our 8/7. Whilst I believe everyone should be treated the same as we all essentially do the same job and can learn from each other irrespective of level, it may mislead some on the site when you see someones status as a 'Class 4 referee' is being represented as a 'Level 4'. Some (including me!) would presume they are at Supply league level when in fact they may have only refereed a handful of games! Sometimes knowing the level someone is truly at can be a great help in catering the appropriate advice! No better example can be given than when I have seen topics asking whether someone should invest in buzzers :D

And of course us welsh refs are now on the new uefa system which makes us sound like pencil shades!

Perhaps it may be worth updating the section on the profile surrounding each persons levels, it very much caters for the English referee, considering there are a number of users from abroad would it be worth contacting them and asking them how the system works in their country and adding them to the list?

For example I have noticed that in some countries levels are instead referred to a classes (like our old system) and start at 4 rather than our 8/7. Whilst I believe everyone should be treated the same as we all essentially do the same job and can learn from each other irrespective of level, it may mislead some on the site when you see someones status as a 'Class 4 referee' is being represented as a 'Level 4'. Some (including me!) would presume they are at Supply league level when in fact they may have only refereed a handful of games! Sometimes knowing the level someone is truly at can be a great help in catering the appropriate advice! No better example can be given than when I have seen topics asking whether someone should invest in buzzers :D
Seeing as the majority of our users are from the UK it made sense to cater for the majority. I can add all these things, but itll get confusing when people register, seeing all of these extra fields, in my experience people get narked off with too many things to fill out, so don't bother registering, so I try to keep it simple. To add to this, the post bit will look pretty cluttered with all these extra fields, not forgetting the time it takes to set all of this up

To keep things even simpler, I could turn it all off

Seeing as the majority of our users are from the UK it made sense to cater for the majority. I can add all these things, but itll get confusing when people register, seeing all of these extra fields, in my experience people get narked off with too many things to fill out, so don't bother registering, so I try to keep it simple. To add to this, the post bit will look pretty cluttered with all these extra fields, not forgetting the time it takes to set all of this up

To keep things even simpler, I could turn it all off

What about having drop down lists that change when a country is selected? So, for example, if you say you're from England, you'll only be able to select from the English levels...Welsh, the welsh levels and so on...Surely this would avoid confusion?

What about having drop down lists that change when a country is selected? So, for example, if you say you're from England, you'll only be able to select from the English levels...Welsh, the welsh levels and so on...Surely this would avoid confusion?
It'd be a lovely idea, just the software doesn't have that functionality. There's a couple of addons that do something similar but I'd still need to hack the code to bits, which causes more problems, especially when I need to perform an upgrade.

Back