A&H

What would you have done

Chrisp72

Always smiling
Good afternoon all .
Just getting some thoughts on what you would of done / what should I have done .
83rd minute blue 1-0 up, Blue is tackled stud from Red gets somehow caught in Blues lace and somehow rips his boot exposing his foot up till then good game no trouble Blue or red have no substitutes so I stop my watch allow the player to walk to the sideline and change into a spare of boots this took 2 minutes reds are not happy one shouting that’s a shambles.
Game finishes 1-1 Reds equaliser last minute .
Red captain at the end then tells me he has marked me down due to the incident still a decent mark but not as good as it would have been.
This club mark goes towards my promotion from 7/6 so put a bit if a dampener on it a little .
Thinking back I think I should have allowed him to change his boot but in his own time then called him back on .
I was just trying to put a bit of sportsmanship from my part into the game thinking I would of done the same for the other team .
Assessor did attend he didn’t make a fuss over it but did also suggest the red team would mark me down for it .

The Referee Store
Who cares whether the club mark you down? Think you did what must of us would have done in that situation - no point having a team unfairly disadvantaged for an action instigated by the other team. If you're reffing for club marks, may as well not turn up at all.

For equipment changes, I'd send the player off to sort his boot out and just play on.

Wave him back on when he's fixed it.

Wouldn't really worry about the club marks, I'd be more concerned with what the assessor thinks, though it seems like he didn't mind?

I believe the correct course of action is as RobOda has said.

Same as if you catch a player wearing jewellery etc, send the off to correct their equipment and then wave them back when they’ve done this and you’re happy.

And don’t get too worried about club marks, when I was going 7-6 I was told by several teams that I was the worst referee in history etc, and I still got promoted. I’d worry more about your observations etc.

For equipment changes, I'd send the player off to sort his boot out and just play on.

Wave him back on when he's fixed it.

Wouldn't really worry about the club marks, I'd be more concerned with what the assessor thinks, though it seems like he didn't mind?
The assessor made no fuss he wasn’t bothered by it he just said of my 20 games all club marks go towards my promotion so In future he would do as you said so not to antagonise the other team .

I woundnt have stopped the game and waited for him I would have told him to go off and change it & then signalled to let him back on.

The reds obviously would have been a man up had you done the above & being 1-0 down they were trying to do everything they could to get back in it, IMO it’s not a big deal but the game being so tight always raises the pressure.

Live and learn mate live and learn

I believe the correct course of action is as RobOda has said.

Same as if you catch a player wearing jewellery etc, send the off to correct their equipment and then wave them back when they’ve done this and you’re happy.

And don’t get too worried about club marks, when I was going 7-6 I was told by several teams that I was the worst referee in history etc, and I still got promoted. I’d worry more about your observations etc.
Thanks for that another lesson learnt all part of the process I suppose .

Thanks for that another lesson learnt all part of the process I suppose .

100% you won’t stop the game if it happens again, so see it as a positive it’s another in game scenario that you now know instinctively what to do.

Shame there is another million & one in game scenarios to try and get right in the meantime :)

100% you won’t stop the game if it happens again, so see it as a positive it’s another in game scenario that you now know instinctively what to do.

Shame there is another million & one in game scenarios to try and get right in the meantime :)
Every match is a learning curve and all these things that pop up do test you but it’s great when it happens again and you know exactly how to deal with it , I get some great advice on here really enjoy the site .

I was just trying to put a bit of sportsmanship from my part into the game thinking I would of done the same for the other team .

You’ve done what I would have done (not saying I’m right in LOTG, but sportmanship at the Level I operate at is to be encouraged.)

What I would have done, in addition to just thinking I would have done the same for the other team, I would have verbalised this, saying something like “I’ll do the same for you fellas if necessary”. Nearly every one will accept that. If I felt I needed to strengthen my reasoning, I might joke along the lines of “gave a chance to have a little breather” (After 83 mins most players will welcome a little break!)

Hope the promotion goes well

J

If I was the observer I wouldn't be happy with that. Might not necessarily affect the grade at 7-6, but it may well do at 6-5 and it most certainly would at 5-4. You just need to make him go off and then wave him back on when he is ready.

If I was the observer I wouldn't be happy with that. Might not necessarily affect the grade at 7-6, but it may well do at 6-5 and it most certainly would at 5-4. You just need to make him go off and then wave him back on when he is ready.
Yes I messed that one up ah well learn from it and know next time

What! Without checking the players equipment Rusty?........

Its just same as say, a blood mess on a shirt or a ripped in two shirt, off you go until you have corrected your equip.
Total understand the logic to waiting, seems fair, but, as others have said, wrong

In Birmingham County FA your club marks realistically aren't going to impact promotion 7-6; they'd have to exceptionally bad.

In Birmingham County FA your club marks realistically aren't going to impact promotion 7-6; they'd have to exceptionally bad.
I’m within the BCFA hopefully my club marks will be ok to see me through , had some good advice on here and from the two assessors I’ve had just, neeed to take that all in and learn from my mistakes .

Back