A&H

What would you do?

mikedn

Referee/Mentor
Football tournament.... U9 5-a-side.... free kick awarded to blues... players retreat to 10 yards of their own accord, blue player takes free kick(all free kicks are direct as per tournament rules) he kicks the ball just some 2 feet then kicks the ball again and passes to a team mate .... what would you do?

The Referee Store
Hi
Options are IDFK for a double touch or have the free kick taken again with advice to an U9 or play on.
As U9s are a fun event I would go with a retake with "okay we will have that free kick again" and a little bit of advice.

Hi
Options are IDFK for a double touch or have the free kick taken again with advice to an U9 or play on.
As U9s are a fun event I would go with a retake with "okay we will have that free kick again" and a little bit of advice.
I agree.... I told the player to re-take the free kick, as he was an 8 yr old I really didn't think he would understand the ifs and buts of it, only one parent had a whinge but he was put in his place by the manager...... they went on to win 4-1....

Hi

Options are a DFK for the double touch, or the retake with coaching and advice.

Mini soccer doesn't have IDFK's so any free kick you give has to be direct.

Back