A&H

What would happen if...

Hartlepool_ref

I watched match of the day this morning and witnessed beteke blatantly dive trying to win a penalty.. The referee didn't give a Pena but didn't book Benteke either so he probably wasn't 100%
However, my question is... What if as Beteke was being subbed and got to the dugout he openly admitted to diving to win or try to win the penalty... Would the referee have any abligation to do anything here ? Or even if he wanted to could he ?

The Referee Store
You couldn't caution for simulation if play has restarted. If he did admit it you perhaps could caution for USB/not spirit of the game, although I wouldn't.

Personally I'd be tempted to clarify his comments and let him go, perhaps being as bullish as I can be maybe a flippant comment of my own as he disappears. If he's being subbed it doesn't make that much difference IMO.

Yeah I thought that might be the case... But surely for situations like that the FA MUST step in and administer some kind of punishment for such blatant cheating !

It winds me up - if they started handing out bans for diving the same way they do after a game if they see an elbow or a punch that was missed by the officials then it would soon stamp it out !

Back