A&H

What watch

Roland rat

Level 5 Referee
Hiya

What watch would anyone recommend that tells you distance you have ran during the game and also has a stopwatch.

Thank you

The Referee Store
Depends on you budget. GPS built in is the best in my opinion as you dont need any footpods, stride sensors, GPS Arm bands, Ive just got myself a Polar V800, quite a price tag but well worth it. Can customise the screens too so just the stopwatch for example so I dont get distracted during the game looking at my distance etc. But Garmin do quite cheap ones I believe, never tried one personally as Ive always had a Polar, very reliable

I love my garmin forerunner 220. A bit cheaper than the newer polar watch but it is great to use and comes with a heart rate minitor. Awesome bit of kit. If mine broke I would certainly buy another one.

Reactions: KB
While we're on it
I'm not looking for a GPS/HRM watch, but do you know a simple watch which is able to count UP from 45 (to 90, obviously) ?
Not that I'm not able to do the maths, but I would love to see the actual game time on second half

Yeah same as Mr Webb. Great for match record. Got one myself ... It's quite big. Shows time going up, time going down, actual time, and added time all on one screen

Yeah I saw that one already, looks nice but I wasn't thinking about something that fancy :p

The "2X" and "2S" look smaller, do you know any other difference with the original one ?

Didn't know there was a smaller!! Damn!! IVe just looked it up no differences other than size wish I'd known about this sooner :(

smaller 1 is no good the vibrator function is left out of it.....which 1 of the best things about the watch so whats the point ?/?:?:?:

Last edited:
When a player needs treatment and u stop the watch it vibrates every 3seconds to let u know u still have the watch stopped,,,, so if u start the game it keeps going till u start it again, so yes the vibrator function is one of the best things about it,

Now that you have edited your post I can respond, the vibrator is a great feature, but if you look closely, the two smaller watches have a bip-sound function, obviously to compensate the lack of vibrator. I guess each of us is able to look at the pros and cons of each watch, regarding the size, the price and the features to decide which one is the best choice, so I don't really get what all that "?/?:?:?:" is about ;)

seen that about the bip- function and the feed back everyone was saying that they prefer the vibrator function, don't know why they didn't put it in the smaller watch tbh

Are there any cheaper watches out there that actually count up to 90 mins?

I must admit I do struggle to work out quickly accurate times for cautions and subs in the 2nd half, I usually just end writing what ever it says (up to 45 mins) and marking it as 2nd half, so 22 mins would be 67 mins, if that makes sense ??
I know most others would be able to work it out a lot quicker than me :confused:

The Spintso sounds too complicated for me.

I'm happy with 45 counting down, never stopping my watch, adding 1 minute in the first half and 3 the second.

Are there any cheaper watches out there that actually count up to 90 mins?

I must admit I do struggle to work out quickly accurate times for cautions and subs in the 2nd half, I usually just end writing what ever it says (up to 45 mins) and marking it as 2nd half, so 22 mins would be 67 mins, if that makes sense ??
I know most others would be able to work it out a lot quicker than me :confused:
just write 22 with a small s. tick, or circle, then you know its 22minutes into the second half

That's what I did

But **** it, I ordered the Spintso, it's my late Christmas gift to myself :D

Back