A&H

What law would you change?

DaveMac

RefChat Addict
Level 7 Referee
You've been given a call and you can change one LOTG. Absolutely anything. You can abolish the offside rule, or just let players wear whatever colour around their socks they want!

Big or Small. What would you change?

The Referee Store
If it's 0-0 in the last 10 minutes, I'd make it compulsory to remove goalkeepers and have a ball in each half as well.

Would brighten up the dullest of games :D

get rid of 'in the opinion of the referee' and only make decisions if the majority of the players on the pitch are in agreement

Introduce strict rugby style rules around dissent and respect on the pitch.
Maybe Rugby refs get respect because they don't get paid :( expenses only !!!!!!!

Can you imagine getting mentally abused for free !!!!!

No thanks

Scrap the sock tape, ankle protector, under shorts rules !

I dont want to accidentally get myself into trouble here, but has anyone ever stopped a player from being allowed to play because he has a 1.5cm thick incorrectly coloured line of tape around the base of his socks?

Or that you can see a smidgen of wrong colour cycling shorts under his football shorts?

Cup Finals etc aside.

If you are up for promotion, you need to do these things.

You don't stop people playing as such- you tell them their equipment needs correcting in the prematch check. If it is still there when the game kicks off, they are instructed to leave the pitch to correct their equipment. If they still don't sort out ther equipment as directed when you go to check they have done what you asked when they ask to come back on, caution - and they don't come on until the equipment is sorted out.

Although with under shorts, if it is still blue under blue shorts for instance, I don't really care what shade of blue as long as it is not glaringly different. Else off they come.

Although with under shorts, if it is still blue under blue shorts for instance, I don't really care what shade of blue as long as it is not glaringly different. Else off they come.

I dont ever find I have contrary colours (i.e. Blue vs Red, Red wearing Blue undershorts) its just usually black tights, or black tape when neither team wear any black.

Ill take the first comment on board too.

So precheck, let them know they cant start with them.
Players lined up for kick off, check the tape/offending article again, still there, ask them to leave the FOP to get it sorted - commence kick off.
They ask to come back on - BUT havent sorted the article out (for whatever reason, probably "We cant find any other tape ref") then its a caution and they're told they cant re-enter the FOP.
OR
They just re-enter the FOP without telling me, which is a caution by itself.

Seems straight forward.

I bet this is the quickest way to annoy people, I mean, we havent even kicked off - and im hated already!

Had similar last week with a lad wearing a rubber wristband with poppies on it. Told me he wasnt taking it off and "I cant make him", so I told him to leave the FOP...

...So he took it off.

that stupid rule about the pitch size....make it smaller, and ref from the side....with a deck chair....and a tea/beer (weather dependant) ... and a copy of the paper...

that stupid rule about the pitch size....make it smaller, and ref from the side....with a deck chair....and a tea/beer (weather dependant) ... and a copy of the paper...

I believe this is what you're looking for :)

Attachments

• 4905147121_e0ea389922.jpg
    4905147121_e0ea389922.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: SM
Had an interesting point raised at my RA meeting with Mike Dean.

A player comes on as a sub and after the substitution procedure has been completed and the game has restarted he realises that he doesn't have any tape on his socks, so he goes to the touchline but stays on the pitch and starts to put it on, the 4th official tells him he has to step off the pitch to do it. All the time the ball is in play. When can he come back on?

Had an interesting point raised at my RA meeting with Mike Dean.

A player comes on as a sub and after the substitution procedure has been completed and the game has restarted he realises that he doesn't have any tape on his socks, so he goes to the touchline but stays on the pitch and starts to put it on, the 4th official tells him he has to step off the pitch to do it. All the time the ball is in play. When can he come back on?
At that level, instantly as the 4th man will check and then mic to ref that player is okay to enter.

With no 4th man, next break in play

Back