A&H

What are people wearing when they turn up to a match

DaveMac

RefChat Addict
Level 7 Referee
I tend to have my shorts and socks on and any top I can find. Along with a tracksuit top to warm up in before sticking my shirt on just before kick off, as I like the fresh feeling (girly I know!)

But what does everyone else do, I want to look a bit more professional and like I've given it some thought as I'm starting up again, so interested to hear what everyone else is doing/wearing.

The Referee Store
90% of games I turn up suited and booted, other games with a changing room I come in a tracksuit and get changed if there isn't one then its kit underneath a tracksuit!

Never have changing rooms so it's kit for me with tracksuit top on.

Birthday suit

:D

Or track suit and polo shirt for county league, shirt and tie for more senior league appointments.

Very rare that I have changing rooms, so I usually turn up in my kit with a training top/raincoat over the top.

For me it's either tracksuit or jeans and t-shirt locally and Welsh League see's me suited and booted. Only exception locally is for a cup final which is also a suit job.

Where people have said there's no changing rooms is this kids football or OA?? (Just out of curiosity) Don't think I've ever turned to a ground in 25 years of playing where there hasn't been a changing, or the season I've been reffing, no hot water but always changing rooms.
Back to the OP my level 7 games I turn up smart referee polo and tracksuit, level 6 appointments shirt and trousers for my level 5 and 4 lines shirt and tie (still fighting against the full suit until told otherwise!!)

Mine's kids. Only enclosed place is usually the container for equipment.

Similar to most on here, County games I turn up in a smart clean track suit as most places have changing rooms but certainly not ones I would wish to shower in. Anything higher than that so I guess contrib level in England, but Welsh League here is always in a suit, changing facilities are obviously much better the higher you go. Although one or two places I've been to are shocking considering the level of football they are playing.

In Military games I normally turn up in uniform as my rank makes things easier lol ;), in reality it's because I've just finished work and the game is in another part of the Garrison two seconds away. For Corps level games or above it's a suit, although if I have the day off to travel to a fixture I will chuck a suit on regardless of level.

Last edited:
Just kit and a tracksuit top for me - besides cup finals, I've never been given changing facilities at a local game.

Similar to most on here, County games I turn up in a smart clean track suit as most places have changing rooms but certainly not ones I would wish to shower in. Anything higher than that so I guess contrib level in England, but Welsh League here is always in a suit, changing facilities are obviously much better the higher you go. Although one or two places I've been to are shocking considering the level of football they are playing.

In Military games I normally turn up in uniform as my rank makes things easier lol ;), in reality it's because I've just finished work and the game is in another part of the Garrison two seconds away. For Corps level games or above it's a suit, although if I have the day off to travel to a fixture I will chuck a suit on regardless of level.
Suit and tie is expected at Supply League and above, also any semi final or final. Rest of the time a clean smart tracksuit will suffice.

I was guessing at the English equal, I'm thinking from the above that supply league is the next level up from County footie.

For Supply and Contrib games or any game where acting as a team of 3/4 I'll go for a suit.

For pre-season or the odd county game I'll usually wear my YRDP polo with some smart trousers.

Back