A&H

What an idiot....

Quite simply as a referee- Do your job! I have a fearsome reputation, particularly on dissent, and that is due to banging a caution in for small bits of backchat and sending all cards in. Failure to submit cautions and send offs result in you being seen as a softie and potentially all hell breaking loose!

The Referee Store
That's completely right - and I wouldn't do anything differently. I just say, 'yes, I will be' and make clear that's the end of the matter. Similarly though (and I just wrote about this on another thread) if players apologise/show respect after a RC I will also mention that in the report as it could then be taken into consideration.

I've been told by my county that its not unheard of for managers to ask the "you're not going to put them cards in are you?", butter you up, think they've talked you round & then personally ask the county FA whether you've sent them in before reporting you if you haven't - a sneaky way of getting their own back on you if they think you've had a stinker
I've always put them in but have only reported one manager for querying me & that was coz he got aggressive about it - that after I'd awarded a last minute pen against his side (which was converted & they lost by one goal), which led to a mass confrontation in which one of his players through a punch & both he & his assistant waded in from the touchlines to get involved (dismissed them both from the technical area/field of play) and then his assistant confronted me outside the changing rooms again.
I was a bit shocked to get appointed to one of their games not 2 weeks later & even more shocked when, prior to the game, the manager approached me about my disciplinary report from the previous game (without the aggression this time) but still seemed to be trying to lean on me to lessen my stance ahead of the appeal he said they would be making - I told him the report was done, dusted & wouldn't be changed at any appeal, I wouldn't talk about it any more nor would the incident have any effect on how I reffed this game. They didn't appeal

Back