A&H

What an Annoying Game

drahc

L3 Referee. EFL Assistant. Tutor. Observer. Coach.
Level 3 Referee
Observer/Tutor
Had my last 5-4 assessment yesterday, all others had gone without incidence, so I was hoping for the same. I knew it wouldn't, and I was correct.

x2 red cards for the same team, and naturally throughout the game, everything went against this one team. Through no fault of mine. Penalty appeals, sending offs and all sorts... Even a "circumventing the LOTG"!

Assessor agreed with both sending offs, which was pleasing and development point wise was not major. He did mention dugouts, which I took on the chin. Hand to heart, I did notice the "messy" dugouts, but I had angered this team so much they were on the point of absolutely boiling over. If I had gone over, kicked this and that out, you and you sit down etc... I think things really would have kicked off.

The worst part? I always stay for some food and a drink after the game. I sat, ate and drank, no one spoke to me (as expected). When walking out of the club with the club secretary, one of the coaches stood up, and shouted across the room to me - everyone stopped and watched this man. "Ref I have something for you" reaching down to his pocket - you and I both know what is coming. I stood my ground, looked him in the eye, and he pulled out his middle finger. Few laughs from his minions, but also some looked in disappointment. I acknowledged him, as I knew who would get the last laugh when the club receives some correspondence from Discipline. The club secretary said he was just having fun (probably because he wants to avoid a fine - gave the usual sob story saying how the club is struggling for money etc...) but this is irrelevant, no way am I letting this one go by.

This post is really to vent some anger, but if anyone has any comments - feel free to add and discuss! :)

The Referee Store
Good assessment by the sounds of it - Nicely done.

The comedian at the end - lol late chrimbo present for your Cfa :) what an idiot.

Nope - only on midweek games for this league, and for others I know of!

Look on the brightside - you need action packed games to demonstrate level 4 competencies, so they've probably done you a favour!!

County??

Not that that sort of conduct is acceptable at any level of course. Hopefully CFA will bring the culprit to task.

Back