A&H

What a weekend tournament that was........

mikedn

Referee/Mentor
I expected it and i got it, where shall i start?... in no particular order.....
Cold,rain,wind,hailstones,mud,mud,mud,mud :cry:,very angry players,very angry parents :mad:,not too bad but getting worse pitches ,which actually ended up totally unplayable bar one end of one pitch for the penalty shootouts:cry::poop:, parents that can see fouls/offsides from 25-30 yards away :rolleyes::hmmm:........ First time i have abandoned a tournament match due to 50mph (felt like it) hailstones pummelling 14 year old players who ran off screaming it actually lasted some 15 minutes but i abandoned after 30 seconds of being assaulted by comets and then it continued hailing for a further 15 minutes.
In the end with quarters/ semis/finals left to play ( 6 in all) the organisers decided to finish by winners and runners up (second placed) of groups automatically won cups. 3rd-6th placed teams played out penalties for runners up trophies.
One priceless reaction from a manager to the organiser " You could have at least picked a better venue for the weather" and another from a woman " I knew four weeks ago by the weather forecast what it would be like today" so i thought why turn up then,why not stay at home :rolleyes:

The Referee Store
I'm off to watch my Mrs play in a tournament in Essex in June, and I hope it isn't like that.
Got a nice bit of sunburn last year.

Back