A&H

what a difference a break makes

andy love

Level 7 Referee
after my last diabolical performance, i have just had 2 weeks away from football 1 due to weather and the other due to visiting family prior to christmas. and after todays fixture all i got from both teams was nothing but praise to my surprise :cool:.

a water logged penalty area which turned the game into a very old fashioned winter fixture and i was going to abandon the match but as both team pleaded with me to play i aloud and during the 90 mins both teams aired on the side of caution within this penalty area which made for a mega entertaining game.

one happy referee going to bed tonight :D

The Referee Store
Just so long as it wasn't a leg break in that penalty area!
that was what i was scared of, but give both teams there due they respected that i would only let them play should they all agree to a friendly which was the away teams idea, and they had traveled a fair distance to play on a council pitch that should of been called off, must admit we ripped it up a little :oops:

On a slightly different note, I tend to take 1 matchday off per month or a full weekend per 2 months off. It ensures you are well rested and on top form for the following week. Also ensures that you don't get too burnt out!

1st weekend off this season because of the weather was so down, midweek game also got called off :( spent 4 hours on the gym saturday, 5 hours sunday.
did 4 seasons on football manager, a full season on fifa pro, ripped out my bathroom and went to the trafford center. cant wait till saturday now!

I've got a weekend off due to an operation on my ear. Only look at photo if your not Squamish!! Looking forward to next game on 29th on the line!!

I thought I was having a poor season in Saturday league as I had only done reserve div games. Got appointments through for January and got given a DIV 2 game. May not seem much but it's a higher div then the reserves

Attachments

• image-2530630308.jpg
    image-2530630308.jpg
    419.7 KB · Views: 7
Back