The Ref Stop

West Ham Vs Arsenal

Mooseybaby

Retired big bad baldy in all black!
Interesting "challenge" by Gabriel for West Ham's penalty. :eek:

Arsenal doing Arsenal things, looking like they are going to runaway with it, then shooting themselves in the foot. No apparent card for the challenge or the mass protest following the decision with Arsenal claiming handball by Rice in the build up.

The Ref Stop
I was about to post the same. Plenty contact meant no protest about the decision. But what the replay shows is that a terrible diving action started before contact was made.

Oh and it was a challenge for the ball and penalty given so no card.

Screenshot_20230416-234728.jpg

Screenshot_20230416-234645~2.jpg

20230416_145842.JPG
Not sure how kneeling can really be considered "challenging" for the ball, especially when the ball was already in a different postcode when contact was made, but hey we all know how loosely the laws are applied especially at the highest levels.

I think he pulled his feet back after realising he won't get the ball but then his momentum meant his knees made contact.

One of the most blatant handballs you're likely to see, followed by one of the worst penalty misses of the season!

No shortage of incident and excitement for a neutral, especially one who doesn't like either team! :D

One of the most blatant handballs you're likely to see, followed by one of the worst penalty misses of the season!

No shortage of incident and excitement for a neutral, especially one who doesn't like either team! :D
Well, the second half wasn’t all that apart from the goal and pen. Arsenal looked knackered.

Both clear penalties for me. Paqueta certainly milked it, but Gabriel clearly caught him and even if he was already on the way down he has still been tripped.

I think he pulled his feet back after realising he won't get the ball but then his momentum meant his knees made contact.

That's exactly what happened. He tried to pull out of the challenge but ended up bringing him down anyway.

I thought the ref had a good game. He missed one foul on Jesus where his boot was removed and they went on to score from the restart but if missing one foul is worst thing that happens you can't complain really. I thought all the cautions were spot on.

Back